Thread: Cataraft inflation help

Default Cataraft inflation help

I know this should be in another thread, but I think this one gets more lookers that may be able to help me. Mods, if you have to, delete this thread since I already have this posted in the Raft section.

I bought a couple of Arrow backpacker catarafts a few months ago and the guy showed me how to inflate it and now I don't have a clue!

I remember him saying to inflate the fwd and aft chambers first, but I can only find one place to inflate the thing and it only inflates the center! It has a regular plastic type of fill valve like any kind of little pool floaty raft and there's another valve that's threaded and it looks like a relief valve. It slides up and down with a castleated nut at the top.

Yeah, I know, I'm a goof and should have made a checklist when the guy showed me how to inflate the thing months ago.

Please help ASAP, I'd like to take it out tomorrow if possible.

Thanks!

I'm a knucklehead! I finally figured it out. I checked the other cataraft that was packed up in the backpack and it had a different fill fitting and it's working ok now! If any of you know me, you wouldn't be surprized from my bonehead move! LOL!

Thanks anyway, guys! I knew you would've helped me out anyway.

Take care and tight lines, everyone!!!

OK John
    Let me get this straight. You can fix a broken jet but you don't know how to blow up a pool toy?? ?? ??

You want to know what I do when I can't figure something out?? ??
    I look at the instructions!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
    OK John
    Let me get this straight. You can fix a broken jet but you don't know how to blow up a pool toy?? ?? ??

You want to know what I do when I can't figure something out?? ??
    I look at the instructions!!!!!

That would have been great if it came with instructions. Two boats, no instructions! If this thing had jet engines on it, I'd have figured it out in a heartbeat.

Thanks for the support, Dave! LOL! Looking forward to seeing ya at the "palooza"!