Thread: Little Sue

Default Little Sue

Fished it for a couple of hours yesterday. NO fish.

Default where up or down

Were you up or down river, and what did the board say at the pay booth?
    I hope the kings will be better then last year.

Default Little Sue Report from Charter

May 22, 2009
    I guided a group of 4 people in the morning who did not catch a salmon. We fished a high number of holes, but only one person had a bite, and the fish got away without being hooked. The bite came on a Beau Mac Spinning Cheater. The group also fished two K-15 Kwickfish and one K-14 Kwickfish.

In the afternoon I guided a group of 3 people who landed 2 king salmon. One salmon was hooked in the pectoral fin, so we had to let it go. I estimate it weighed about 30 pounds. The other fish was hooked on the first drift of my afternoon trip, and weighed 50 pounds on both my boat scale and the landing scales. Both fish were caught on an orange Beau Mac Spinning Cheater. So far this year, my groups have already landed king salmon earlier in May than my groups last year, and have also caught a larger king salmon than anyone on my boat during the entire 2008 king salmon season. There are some big male salmon in the river, however, an angler needs to daraw a strike from on of the few fish available, first.

May 23, 2009
    I guided 3 guests in the mornings, each of whom fished extra time and worked hard, but no one even hooked a king salmon or even had a bite. We fished K-15 and K-14 Kwickfish and the Spinning Cheater that produced for us yesterday afternoon for the entire trip. When I talked to the Parks lady at the fee booth on my way home I learned that 4 salmon had been reported taken already today, which was better than yesterday, when I left at 9 o`clock at night. King salmon numbers continue to build in river, but the fish are scattered at this time. Water remains higher than normal, but visibility is good at about 2 feet.
    May 24, 2009
    I guided two guests who did not catch any king salmon. Once again we fished long and kept the lure in the water most of the time. We fished over 20 holes, some a couple times, and were the first boat fishing many of those holes in the morning, but the guests did not draw a single strike, and we did not see any king salmon at all, until we returned to the landing and saw a group cutting up a couple fish they had caught. Once again we fished with K-15 and K14 Kwickfish and an Orange Beau Mac Spinning Cheater. The water was a bit lower and clear today, and will likely be even lower and clearer still tomorrow. I`ll be guiding another group tomorrow morning, so check back Monday evening if you would like to know how we did.
    May 25, 2009
    I guided 2 people, one of whom caught a 23 pound king salmon on a K-15 Kwickfish. The other person did not get a bite. There were considerably more people out fishing today, on Memorial Monday. The water had dropped and cleared a bit, and should also drop some tomorrow, before it starts going back up again. My group also fished a Magnum Wiggle Wart and a Spinning Cheater with no additional bites. Along the river today, weh spotted w moose, a beaver, some trumpeter swans, sandhill cranes, and bald eagles.

Default king salmon

Jake mckeown the only kingsalmon you will catch this year are the ones your dad lets you reel in.

Thumbs up

Hey jake thank you for the fine info!
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by ironartist View Post
    Hey jake thank you for the fine info!
    And you can read it for yourself at http://www.fish4salmon.com/reports/2009/m-s2009.asp

I have fished with Andy a couple of times. He is a great on the Little Su and and the Deshka. If he isn't getting into them, then chances are nobody else is either.

I don't understand why do I need to go search if this guys nice enough to make a post, thanks again JAKE for makin the post I appreciate you going out of your way and making it here on aodd
    Μολών λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by ironartist View Post
    I don't understand why do I need to go search if this guys nice enough to make a post, thanks again JAKE for makin the post I appreciate you going out of your way and making it here on aodd

Ironartist,

Wow, you took that WAY wrong somehow. I went back to try to figure out how, but I give up..... I gave you the link so you could get up to date fishing reports in the future in case you wanted them, not to piss you off. Have a good one

No it didn't piss me off I was just thanking the guy for offering the info to all of us, if I wanted to search I'd call the palmer f&g and get the actual catch
    Μολών λαβέ