Thread: Where to take 9yo riding this week?

Default Where to take 9yo riding this week?

We have been to Knik, Bird Creek and Eklutna (did that yesterday). Anyhow, we have not been riding anywhere else. Does anyone have any suggestions where to go this Tue? I don't want to pick a trail that is too hard for him to ride. We will be taking to motorhome and staying for a couple of days. Thanks
    The only thing worse than a Subaru is the as*hole who drives it.

a couple days w/ the motor home begs for Eureka!

Without a doubt...Jonesville. Plenty of mining roads to drive on and explore, not to mention th old mine pit. From there, you can also try out the Buffalo Mine and Eska Falls trails.

Eska Falls is probably too technical for a kid ATV, but since it's so dry, you should do pretty well on the Buffalo Mine trail.

See what kind of reports come back later today, but I think that Petersville Road would also be a good choice.

Thanks. I am leaning towards Petersville. But, who knows, might change my mind by tomorrow.

I'd stay away from the trail leading to Eska Falls. For a 9 y.o., it is way to steep and the swamps are a mess. Just got back from there. Eureka sounds good, or like someone said the mine roads at Eska will keep you occupied for quite a while.

On a side note, are there just more folks riding Eska Falls or what? It seems like it is really getting torn up and trashed. I was amazed at how the trail to the falls has changed!! Is Eska the new Jim Creek or what?
    EricL

Default eska

tried to go find Eska falls based on a friends recommendation but without much luck! I am generally a straught-up homing pigeon but being foggy yesterday, and with wide gravel trails criss crossing the **** forest I became convinced I was going in circles! Did i just go left here or did I go right? Are those tracks mine? coming from a riding area where its usually just a single track heading out, i sure didn't expect all the different trails spider webbing out in all directions. Guess I'll have to givve it another shot on a sunny day : )

Default Eska is

the destination for the ATV Club ride on June 4th.
    Meeting at Slipper Lake at 10 if you are interested.
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

On a side note, are there just more folks riding Eska Falls or what? It seems like it is really getting torn up and trashed. I was amazed at how the trail to the falls has changed!! Is Eska the new Jim Creek or what?
    All the trails are getting like this. Lots more early season activity this year. I blame the internet
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

We went to Petersville. Rode for about 1 1/2 hours and ran into snow. Nice sunny day on Tue and rained ALL day Wed.

Will try to get another ride between now and opening of reds! Then off to Tucson.

Thanks again for the info