Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rugers new AR-15!

Default Rugers new AR-15!

Looks like Ruger has jumped into the AR-15 business with both feet. Check it out!

Gas piston and comes with 3 p-mags, troy industries iron sights, and a whole rail farm for ya...

I am really pleased with Ruger as of late.

Default Count me in

It looks like a nice rifle and has many high quality features. Thus, I'll put one on the wish list!

I too really like the Ruger collection and really appreciate the fact they are made in the USA.
    NRA Life Member

Probably going to sell for about 1500 or so. If the reviews are good, ill probably end up getting one for the wife. Mainly i want to see how the 2 stage piston works. If it makes a cleaner rifle then its good by me.

Give me a low serial SP1 any day.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

I was just talking to a guy who has built a piston driven ar. He reports that you do still have to clean a small area but it is extremely easy. From his report even after 500 rounds of Wolf the bolt only required minor cleaning and there was no carbon in the trigger assembly. Basically my understanding is you will still need to field clean your weapon but a full disassembly should not be needed to get it truly clean.

I am really pleased with Ruger as of late.

Yeah, me too.

That high-pitched whine you hear coming out of the ground is the old man [ptoo] running up his RPMs as his company gets into polymer and concealable handguns and military styled rifles intented specifically for the consumer market......... You know........ those types of guns and mags he sold us out on back in the day?

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I was just talking to a guy who has built a piston driven ar. He reports that you do still have to clean a small area but it is extremely easy. From his report even after 500 rounds of Wolf the bolt only required minor cleaning and there was no carbon in the trigger assembly. Basically my understanding is you will still need to field clean your weapon but a full disassembly should not be needed to get it truly clean.
    That's the way it is with my Daewoo.
    Now what ?

I've had some experience with the basic design of the Ruger. We were a pile of writers burning 30-round mags at full auto at an event and after thousands of rounds and glowing barrels, not once did the design fail. Guns were pretty clean when we were done too.

The guys I know at Ruger told me this has been in development for years. They want to make the best AR on th market.

I knew it couldn't be too long before Ruger came out with an AR. There is just too much money to be made from them.

Here's a good question.......what will become of the mini 30 and mini 14?? Will they drop some configurations, or will they drop them all together??

Thumbs up Well...

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    Here's a good question.......what will become of the mini 30 and mini 14?? Will they drop some configurations, or will they drop them all together??
    Maybe they will wise up and make the minis use AR and AK mags. One can hope!

I wonder when they'll have a "re-call?"

- Clint
    /_|o[____]o
    [1---L-OllllllO-
    ()_)()_)==)_)

Default Who's actually building them?

Are they making them or are they getting them from someone else like Remington?

Quote Originally Posted by hntr View Post
    Are they making them or are they getting them from someone else like Remington?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Remington AR-15 is made by Bushmaster.... who is owned by Remington.... so I don't think that would be technically considered being built by "someone else."

http://www.military-quotes.com/forum...ny-t35818.html

- Clint
    /_|o[____]o
    [1---L-OllllllO-
    ()_)()_)==)_)

At $2k they had better be a great rifle.
    Tennessee

remington's R-15 is made by Bushmaster, but their .30-AR R-15 is made by DPMS Panther, another company in the "family." DPMS also makes the R-25.

The Ruger is supposedly made by mostly Ruger. I think they farmed some pieces out, but can't get that confirmed.

Smile

It looks like a solid design and not a bad price considering the piston driven upper and bling bling accessories it comes with.

i wonder how much just an upper would be...
    Josh
    Back in Afghanistan, I hope for the last time.

Default what gun ban?

I guess ruger feels safe enough about the current political climate to introduce a new "assault rifle." Kinda risky business if you ask me. Looks pretty sweet though. I'll never get rid of my mini-14 for one but hey, I've got a little room in the gun safe.

Default What I got out of the blurb...

was that the lower was "outsourced", and why not, with a new outfit bringing out lowers every other week. They claim the upper is their own build, or that's what I got out of it.
    Looks like a SIG to me, and that ain't bad, just would've been a 'bonus' to have all of the operating system 'forward' to make a folder instead of a collapser out of it for compact carry. If any one 'feature' of the AR platform has been annoying to me, it's the darned spring vibrating against my face since I started using the buggers WAAAAY back in the really early 70's. Okay, that and them getting filthy with the wrong load, and having to clean 'em......
    My 'new' SS Ranch shoots well enough that I can't see getting rid of it, unless I got a heckuva sweet deal on a trade. I'm not ready to take a dump on the basic Garand design just yet in ANY iteration, AND the rifles can be had for 'around' $7-800 new, and considerably less used.

The new guns are already listed on our wholesalers' price sheets, and if we can get our hands on 'em, I'd expect that they'd go $1500-ish with our normal markup.
    Last edited by Darreld Walton; 05-29-2009 at 05:04. Reason: .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast