Thread: Copper River dipnet charters

Default Copper River dipnet charters

Hey everyone. I'm looking for a reputable charter for some Copper River dipnetting in June. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by coho slayer View Post
    Hey everyone. I'm looking for a reputable charter for some Copper River dipnetting in June. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Mark Hems/Sam McAllister dipnetting charters will drop you off down the canyon. Or Captain Kims charters will let you dipnet out of his boat. Below are the links to them...

http://www.captainkimscharters.com/services

http://www.copperrivercharters.net/index2.htm

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Thanks!

Sorry to dredge up this old post, but I'm looking for information about Copper River charters in preparation for some dipnetting the summer of 2010. I know, too much time on my hands over the winter.

Anybody have any experiences with either company/Captain that would be willing to share? You can PM me if you don't want to post. Thanks.
    "Beware the man with only one gun; he may know how to use it."

Almost exclusively on the advice from this board, I went with Hem's last year. Got dropped at a sweet little hole under the cliffs (no cliff-hanging, was good, flat footing) and my son and I limited in about 4 hours. We probably killed about an hour of that just messing around and tossing back little ones, too. I'd definitely recommend them, it's well worth the cost for the work saved, and I'd go out with them again.

You can't make reservations, though. It's first-come, first-served...so you have to show up early. We were on the water by 4:45am I think.

Thanks for the info. Was there negative stuff that steered you away from Capt Kim or just too much good stuff about McAllister?
    "Beware the man with only one gun; he may know how to use it."

Default copper river charters are #1

Quote Originally Posted by Kay9Cop View Post
    Sorry to dredge up this old post, but I'm looking for information about Copper River charters in preparation for some dipnetting the summer of 2010. I know, too much time on my hands over the winter.

Anybody have any experiences with either company/Captain that would be willing to share? You can PM me if you don't want to post. Thanks.
    I have been go with these guys for over 10 year! they know what they are doing listen to them I have all ways limited out except for 1 year you have to work at it take advice! i trust Mcallister!! he good and nice!!