Thread: Scope dilema

Default Scope dilema

Here's my dilemma, I have a Burris Fullfield II, and a Brunton Echo, both are 3-9 x 40. I know the Burris is a quality scope, sturdy, and will do me fine.
    What little I can find of the Brunton scope says it is probably good quality, and I have definitely been impressed with other Brunton optics that I own. I don't know which one I want to mount on my Rem 700 30-06. I want the nicer one on my '06 and the other one will go on my .338wm.

If they both had about the same image quality when looking through them, I would easily pick the Burris over the Brunton because of their reputation, and I would feel more comfortable in it's durability. But they don't, the Brunton clearly is superior in naked eye optics, the image seems larger, it is brighter, the color is better, and the Brunton ballistic reticle is nicer than the Burris BDC reticle.

This is my dilemma, any suggestions or imput would be much appreciated.

Here's a link to the Brunton if anyone is interested:

http://www.brunton.com/product.php?id=581

picked it up for amazingly cheap from Natchez.

I would put the Burris on the 338,JMHO

Given the choices offered...I would go with the Burris, a known (at least to me) entity. The Brunton scope may be fine, even better, but I didn't even know they made scopes so they have a completely unknown reputation to me...kinda "the bird in the hand versus the bird in the bush" situation to me.

I just found out Brunton made scopes when I read this thread. But for the last decade I have used Burris scopes (Fullfield, Signature, and Black Diamond) on scopes ranging from 300 Weatherby to my Armalite AR-50 (bmg) and never had anything but good experiences with them. Take a guess what my suggestion is
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Talking zeiss

zeiss...Should I say more.Put the Best optics that you can possibley afford on it.You will not be let down .I dont care if you have a 200.00 Rifle you need to invest in the best scope you can afford. optics is where you should invest in.

Default Ebay

Personally. I would sell them both on EBay and than look for a good deal on a Leupold. If a person knows what scope they want and uses a little patience, they can pick up a Leupold for below any price you will ever find any where else. I shoot the Leupold LPS scope and the one I shoot Leupold LPS 2.5 to 10 45 mm 30 mm tube goes for over 800 and I have bought 3 of them on ebay for around 650 each. The same goes for just about every scope they sell.

You just have to have a little patrience

The best part about Leupold is their no fault, current owner full lifetime warranty. They back their product 100%.

I have even bought a brand new scope on Ebay at a great deal and than ended up trading it ithru Leupold for one I wanted more. No questions asked. So I was able to pass on the savings to the exact scope I was looking for. I did not intend to do it this way. I had a change of heart about what scope I wanted, so I said what the heck and called Leupold. Their response was hey if its a new scope, heck yea send it in we'll swap you out.

Heck! I fell on a goat hunt once and broke the windage knob of my scope. I sent it in, Leupold brought it back to 100%. No charge! I got the bill and called them up and asked, why they did not charge me since it was totally my fault. Their response! That's the way we do business. Leupold backs their product, we figure that if we are loyal to our customers, they will be loyal to us.

They are correct!

Louis

Default What a problem

Man.......you got some serious delema there. How about you let us know how they are working.

Were talking about virtually the same scope here.

Go burn a few.....gain some confidence in your combo.....plan a hunt......hit the gym........burn a few more.........sleep on the ground.........and report back in the morning.

Is it hunting season yet?!

mount the one with more eye relief on the 338.

Thumbs up Mountain Goat June 23rd

Is it hunting season yet?![/QUOTE]

Actually it's TAHR June 23rd South Island New Zealand, but I think they classify as goats. Dont they? I hope they do, because I got plans on my Goat Wall. Yes Sir! I have a spot all picked out

Default Tahr Hunt

Who are you going with on the South Island? Tahr hunting can be every bit the challenge of a typical Mountain Goat hunt - Good Luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default South Island (On Lord Of The Rings Location)

South of Tuatapere about 1.5 hours out of Invercargill

South Island (On Lord Of The Rings Location) - been there, that would be the Ringitata River - way steep country at the headwaters. Not where but WHO are you going with - guide?

Default Hunting with Hollyburn Trophy Hunting

Ewan Bennie