Thread: Quartz Lake?

Default Quartz Lake?

Can anyone provide information on Quartz Lake and how the current conditions are there?
    I am trying to find out if there is still ice on the lake.
    How about the fishing conditions?
    Can we boat?
    Lurker.

ive heard that it was clear, ill be out there this monday (25th) to do some fishing. have never fished there b4, and this will be my first time.
    sevenmag

quartz lake? you mean quartz creek? quartz creek spills into kenai lake and drains from the kenai mtns up on summit and turnagain passes.

Nope. Quartz Lake. Near Birch Lake. Between Fairbanks and Delta Junction... closer to Delta.
    http://dnr.alaska.gov/parks/units/deltajct/quartz.htm
    Lurker.

Quote Originally Posted by sevenmag View Post
    ive heard that it was clear, ill be out there this monday (25th) to do some fishing. have never fished there b4, and this will be my first time.
    sevenmag
    I'll let you know if I hear something before you do about the Lake.
    1/2 of our party has already set sail and is on their way.
    I am still waiting for the rest of the party to get home, pack, and take off if we want to do a little bit of fishing sometime between today and tomorrow.
    Who knows. Maybe we will just meet them on Sunday instead.
    Lurker.

Co, , Its a bit of a party out there on this weekend. Have a safe time all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_skipper View Post
    Co, , Its a bit of a party out there on this weekend. Have a safe time all.

Yeah... I didn't think that we were going, but the kids really wanted to go and I wasn't opposed to it, so we packed up and went out yesterday.

It was a beautiful midnight sunset and great fishing weather!!!

We met up with some friends of ours from church and we just spend the day and long evening there.

Lurker.

Default What were you using

COtoAK. I was thinking about heading down from Fairbanks tonight (Mon) to just stay the night and try some fishing. I would be going from shore most likely. What were you fishing with and how was the bite?

Quote Originally Posted by jaeger33 View Post
    COtoAK. I was thinking about heading down from Fairbanks tonight (Mon) to just stay the night and try some fishing. I would be going from shore most likely. What were you fishing with and how was the bite?
    Nothing was biting all that well.
    I had nibbles on shrimp and the captain of our boat caught one from trolling in the boat.
    We also got some nibbles on crawlers, too...

All in all, I think that the fish are spawning. They weren't all that hungry.
    Lurker.

we did quite well on flies, cough cough cough, I wont say more then that. Actually caught quite a few today (we used a boat, fished from shore) Wasnt fast and furious but if you didnt beat the water up to bad, you'll catch them. 5x tippets, and small stuff seemed to be really doing much gooder then anything else, worked well as usual!

Quote Originally Posted by TradBow View Post
    we did quite well on flies, cough cough cough, I wont say more then that. Actually caught quite a few today (we used a boat, fished from shore) Wasnt fast and furious but if you didnt beat the water up to bad, you'll catch them. 5x tippets, and small stuff seemed to be really doing much gooder then anything else, worked well as usual!
    Nice! 'Much Gooder'

I know. The boat was going pretty fast. We anchored it while fishing, though.
    Flies? Really?

We probably should have fished some on shore as well, but when the guys went out on the boat, they took all the fishing poles and bait.
    Lurker.