Thread: Tailwheel instructors in Kenai/Soldotna

Default Tailwheel instructors in Kenai/Soldotna

All,

I'm buying a Cessna 140 and looking to get some tailwheel instruction before I go blasting around by myself. I have the endorsement already, but that was a few years ago, so I'm rusty at best!

I will have it delivered to the Soldotna airport from Anchorage hopefully this weekend. It has the toe brakes on the right side also.

Anybody here that can do that? If not, any leads??

Thanks

Aaron
    337-489-6834
    ajbart76(at)hotmail.com

Default Bush flying

Quote Originally Posted by ajbart76 View Post
    All,

I'm buying a Cessna 140 and looking to get some tailwheel instruction before I go blasting around by myself. I have the endorsement already, but that was a few years ago, so I'm rusty at best!

I will have it delivered to the Soldotna airport from Anchorage hopefully this weekend. It has the toe brakes on the right side also.

Anybody here that can do that? If not, any leads??

Thanks

Aaron
    337-489-6834
    ajbart76(at)hotmail.com
    You might have better luck over at
    this forum.

http://www.backcountrypilot.org/foru...=active_topics

Default Flight school

There is a flight school down at the kenai owned by a man and wife, with a big cessna sign out there. I dont remember his name, but I got my insurance checkout with him in my 7GCBC, and he helped me with my wheel landings. Congrats on the new plane, it is an adventure and just make sure to take your time and get use to land with the wind in all directions. Good luck, Terry

Go to Missionary Air Repair Center at teh Soldotna Airport,... M.A.R.C. in the phone book. They do instruction. PLUS, they used to use a C-140 for tail-wheel endorsements. There is an old CFI who works out of there who is even better than I am.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Thanks guys, good info,

I've been meaning to stop by MARC and ask, but they always seem to be closed....That was a week ago or so, maybe they're open now.

Thanks again

Aaron

Default Marc

The old guy FP was referring to is named Dave Cochran. He is an amazing man and a good instructor. I got my tailwheel endorsement from him and I learned more in that short amount of time than I did with my SEL instructor. He has curtailed his instructing somewhat but I think he takes on new students occasionally.

Mac

As an old guy myself, I suggest the use of the term, "highly experienced" .Seems a little more respectful.