Thread: .40 dies for 10mm

Default .40 dies for 10mm

I see a lot of .40/10mm dies and then I see some specifically designated for .40sw or 10mm auto.

Are they all interchangable? Is it just the crimp die that I need to have specifically for 10mm ( as the 10mm is longer ) and then the rest can be .40?

I have a Lee turret press coming in the mail and was getting ready to look for dies and figured that it might be easier if I could get dies for either or instead of just 10mm auto dies...

The dies are the same except for the seater/crimp die. If marked 10mm the seater/crimp won't work for the forty, otherwise should be the same. All makers now sell dies marked 40 S&W/10mm with a forty seater.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

All the same as far as I know, you just change the adjustments. I have a Lee 4 die set and a Lyman 4 die set and both are marked 40S&W/10mm. I like the less expensive Lee dies better myself, some Lee stuff is good and some not and their dies are good.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    The dies are the same except for the seater/crimp die. If marked 10mm the seater/crimp won't work for the forty, otherwise should be the same. All makers now sell dies marked 40 S&W/10mm with a forty seater.
    Yes thatís true for old dies as the 10mm came along before the 40S&W and the 40 case wonít reach, but the new are aoo for both. Good catch Murphy!
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona