Thread: accessing people's hole

Default accessing people's hole

I've never fished the Kasilof from shore before. I'm going to give it a shot on a week-day following the holiday madness...can someone tell me how to access the "hotspot" for shore fishing? Would eggs and a spin-n-glo be my best bet?
    "The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent in fishing" Assyrian Tablet 2000 B.C.

lol nice title

Maybe that's why nobody's telling me how to get there! I hadn't noticed my double entendre (or whatever the heck it was).
    "The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent in fishing" Assyrian Tablet 2000 B.C.

Go to crooked creek campground and take the trail. There's only one.

Thank you. I figured it was pretty simple, but at 5:00 a.m. after driving from Anchorage, my directional skills may be lacking....

Default directions to "People's Hole"

Yeah, I was laughing when I read the title too. I thought of at least 1/2 dozen answers to this, but will leave it alone.
    Coming from Soldotna, go over the Kasilof River. Make a right on Coho Loop Road. Make a right into Crooked Creek Campground. Pay your money. Follow the trail down to the river. Have fun!

A couple of quotation marks would have helped! Thanks for the details....

Thumbs up peoples hole!

When you get there, take a few and watch the old timers. If they are fishing the faster water up stream from the hole toward Crooked creak, they will be flipping. In the hole they will be long lining if they know what they are doing. I have fished peoples hole for years. If you go to deep into the hole you push the fish out and nobody will be catching. You shouldn't even need to get your feet wet if every body does what they're suppose to! Trust me, I've seen it many many times. One person wades out past his knees in the hole and it can shut the fishing down like the commercial fish opening, the nets go in and I go home. The kings will travel real close to the shore through there!! Hope this helps. Good luck! Maybe I'll see y'all down there. Might still be a little early yet! Then again maybe not.

I hate it when people get to deep in the hole!! This happens at Jims creek when the silvers are running. I walked up last year and started fishing BEHIND the line of dim whits, They gave me a dirty look initially then had to eat it as I landed a fish within the first 10 minutes and they had been standing out there past them for hours! Finally last year during hunting season I stumbled on a hole that I will have all to myself complete with a campsite and the only competition to worry about is big brown and furry.

There was a tree that was leaning over the river about 15'-20' below the confluence. It may have fallen into the river now and changed, but there used to be a spot right below that tree right up against the bank that produced pretty well. If you see people catching fish pay attention to where their lure was when they hooked up.
    If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I hate it when people get to deep in the hole!! This happens at Jims creek when the silvers are running. I walked up last year and started fishing BEHIND the line of dim whits, They gave me a dirty look initially then had to eat it as I landed a fish within the first 10 minutes and they had been standing out there past them for hours!
    Quote Originally Posted by wildebill View Post
    If you go to deep into the hole you push the fish out and nobody will be catching. One person wades out past his knees in the hole and it can shut the fishing down like the commercial fish opening, the nets go in and I go home.

Just like Dippin on the Kenai, everyone goes out to the tops of thier chest waders with 20' extentions on thier nets while the reds swim behind them.

Nice thread titile by the way, laughed about it for quite a bit.

I'm glad everyone enjoyed my title so much...I can see it being appropriate for a whole other forum...maybe in something called "Alaska's Indoor Directory"?

"accessing people's hole"....

....first, and by far most important, GET PERMISSION....

Question

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Finally last year during hunting season I stumbled on a hole that I will have all to myself complete with a campsite and the only competition to worry about is big brown and furry.
    Hmmm,
    I wonder who put in the campsite? The woods faries or perhaps????
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Default Maybe wet...

Quote Originally Posted by wildebill View Post
    You shouldn't even need to get your feet wet if every body does what they're suppose to! ...
    Pretty low water right now. Shallow for quite a ways out.

Stopped by around 3:30pm Friday May 22 on the way from Anchorage to Homer. Two flyfisherman said it was dead except for some dollies (which would be cool with me). There was only one guy in the hole, and he was pretty impressed that he had the hole to himself, though he said the reason was that there were no kings yet.

He was fishing corkies and yarn and hadn't seen any fish. He seemed like a pro on the hole, so I would give that claim a lot of weight.

This early weekend thing is kind of a bummer.
    Last edited by michigan_mike; 05-23-2009 at 10:59. Reason: added date