Thread: If you are going past Ninilchik...

Default If you are going past Ninilchik...

Road advisory for guys with wide boats: here's the link for the updated traffic (real time) problems/conjestion/construction.

Sterling Highway: from Ninilchik River Bridge Milepost 135 to Deep Creek Bridge
    delays, width limit in effect, lane closed due to bridge construction work -- look out for flaggers, drive carefully
    Comment: PUBLIC OPEN HOUSE: DOT will be holding a Public Open House on Thursday, May 21 from 4:00pm to 8:00pm at the Ninilchik Fairgrounds. During this time DOT will review the plans for the Sterling Highway Bridge Rehabilitation Project and go over the anticipated work schedule and the impacts to traffic. Representatives from DOT and Mowat Construction will be present and look forward to seeing you there. An 11-foot width restriction is in effect at the Ninilchik River Bridge and the Deep Creek Bridge. A temporary signal will be in operation and speed limits reduced to 20 MPH. Information: DOT: 907-567-3898. MEMORIAL DAY HOLIDAY: No work is scheduled on Saturday, May 23 through Monday, May 25, in observation of the holiday.

last updated today at 8:16 AM
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

Let's see, last year this weekend a tanker truck flipped on Friday down by the Russian, DOT has a face lift operation going on this year, one year I watched a motorhome burn right down to a hole into the pavement by the hooligan netters (you might recall the black scar on the pavement), another year a motorhome/truck head on, another year a car/van head on, another year car/motorhome head on, jeep/bus head on...the list goes on!
    I have lived here my whole life and almost every year something happens heading South from Anchorage to Homer on this weekend. People are let loose from the freezer and stuff happens!