Thread: Getting out of boating

Unhappy Getting out of boating

I bought my boat from a guy in Homer who made the decision to sell it because his family all got seasick and they couldn't use it. My family/friends don't get seasick, they just can't ever go! My family has plenty of boats, seems we all own one, thus the problem; We can't get people to go with us because we all have one!

Does anyone else have this problem -hundred grand in the yard and no one to use it?

Smile

you can put it in my yard

Yeah myers, one of the reasons I've decided to sell my boat. All my buddies have boats too, I can just split cost with them, plus I could really use the money right now having gotten divorced this winter. So, anybody looking for a 20' Hewes Sportsman w/200hp optimax sportjet? haha

Default it's tuff

Every time I tell someone about a great time on the water I feel like I'm recruiting another person to buy a boat. Then when I hear about someone I know thinking of buying I try to talk them out of it telling them that they have a friend with a boat. They usually end up with a boat anyway.... Maybe they just don't like going with me....ha!

Well there's nothing like having your own boat, going where/when you want. It's tough, even with good buddies to say "Hey let's go fishin' with your boat next weekend whattaya say?". Putting mine up for sale is like pullin the knife out my ex put in me and finding a new tender spot and shovin it back in....

I feel your pain. Sold my boat this winter to take a job in Colorado then didn't end up taking it cause we couldn't get the house sold. Needless to say, right now I am kicking myself in the ars for selling. On top of that, I sold the boat for less than it was worth and threw in about $1000.00 worth of halibut fishing gear cause you can't catch butt in CO. Reel bright huh? Now I am spending another grand replenishing the gear I gave away and fishing with my buddy who has a boat.

lol very interesting thread^^.

Default Man

if ever there was a reason to start a support group, this is it. You guys definetely need some help. Being the nice guy that I am, I'm going to have a few extra ice cold Silver Bullets tonight in your honor. This is truly depressing. I feel for you guys! Hope you all make it through the summer mentally in tact...

Default I'm in deep

Heck, I got 3 boats, and 5 odd other things with motors or that float. And I NEED another one, or two. This is the first time in a long time I don't have a butt load of hours on the river already. The wife has me in the middle of a bathroom remodel. Getting out of boating? NOPE.
    Double heck. I need to just get out and go. The bathroom will still be there when I get back!

Default Too deep

RRat...I feel your pain...boat in driveway and the home bathroom is ready to get the vanity and head installed. Between "honey, are you going to have the boat ready this weekend?" to "when is my bathroom going to be done?", I need a longer boating season.

At least the boat is ready to splash and I can whizz outside.

I don't know about getting "out" as I just barely got "IN"... I do think I need a different boat though. My wooldridge is great and it does all that it is designed to do very well. It will run shallow and gets me to many places that others cant run. I enjoy running the twisty braided sections too much though and the slower outboard steering is a handicap there. With the wooldridge I use it to get places like a car. With an RMX I think I would be heading out much more with no particular place to go! Perhaps I will keep the wolldridge though, teach the kids to drive it and it can be my "support vessel" the way I driveI will surely need it!

I have had the same expirence with a family member, loved to fish, we all were raised on fishing and they decided to do the ocean thing. They got a nice Bayliner 26' and an option they did not expect. A nice chum line evertime they went out. By By Bayliner. My boat goes out half empty most of the time, with conflict of work schedules and the like. I have resorted to just telling them when i am going and where i will be.....

The upside is the misses and the grand kids love to go out, i got lucky
    2005 20' Weldcraft Sabre XL 350 MP
    SD309 AT
    2009 Polaris Dragon 800 163
    Custom Mod's

Default need place to fire boat up

I brought my boat from calif. up here and need a place to start it up in water so i can run it a bit for confidence. It has not run for 2 years it is an outboard jet does anybody know a place in anc to do it.

hi fishboy, i was in a similar situation as you earlier this summer. if you live in the interior, id recommend harding or birch lake. harding still has ice on it, but birch lake is clear, and had a nice easy boat launch to use. i plan to run on a lake a few more times b4 i try a river again.
    sevenmag