Thread: Won't make this mistake again

Smile Won't make this mistake again

My partner drew a bison tag last year and was able to harvest a nice one out of Delta Junction but it was so cold when we returned I just put the meat trailer into storage for the winter after a very brief cleaning. Went to get the trailer out of storage area a few days ago to get ready for bear hunting and the smell was unbelievable!!! It has taken me 3 days to get the smell out of the meat trailer to be able to use it again. Note to self and others make sure you clean your meat trailers no matter what the temperature is!

Default Buffalo meat stinks

Ha Ha must be the season. I helped 2 of my buddies with their buffalo hunts here in Delta and we cut and wrapped and got it all taken care of in my shop. Then I had to go for work the entire month of April. Went in my shop after I got back and noticed a pretty good stink going!!! There was a bag of trimings sitting in the corner we forgot to send home for the pooch. Hauled it off for the birds but the shop still smells like month old meat scraps. Luckily my shop is cold aand it hadn't completely rotted and no flies yet. Didn't smell while it was frozen!!!

Fill your trailer full of fresh grass clippings. The smell will be gone in a day or two.

Back in 1974 a friend of my dads gave him a fresh caught Red Salmon and my dad tossed it in a cooler in the trunk. By the end of the party and the trip home he forgot about it. Two days later when getting in the car to go to work he opened the door and wham!

That car was ruined, nothing could get the smell out.

When we lived in Cantwell, a stray box of burger was left in our un-heated quanset hut where our freezer lived....come summer, stink on!! No one wanted to go digging for it, but my dad and I braved the 'elements' and found it...

Default stink

2 summers ago the cooler full of halibut fillets spilled in the trunk of my car. I've never experienced anything like it, and I've been around some guys with pretty narly digestive systems. I tried everything to eliminate the smell, rinsing with water, soaking warm soap water, bleach, air fresheners, scrubbing, you name it. All of the above helped a little but not much. Time and persistence was the answer. That car absolutely reeked for the entire summer and fall.
    I was the only commuter on the highway driving with all four windows rolled down and the sunroof open at 4:30 a.m. every workday...

terrible waste of halibut!!!

Had a stink going one spring and finally found a deer heart rolling around under the back seat of the ol 72 Bronco in Montana, whooie.... It'd been there all winter and when it warmed up, well...

Now thats hardcore....