Thread: .325 Wsm

Default .325 Wsm

OK, no offense to those of you espousing the merits of the "new" .325 (Snyd).... but I gotta ask.

Why not the 8 Mauser? that round never really took off here in the US and I can't see any REAL improvement with the .325.

Educate me huh?

Regards,

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

The 8X57 Mauser is loaded way down by the US Ammo makers. They are afraid some idiot will try to run the 323 caliber bullets through a 318 caliber bore of an older Mauser(pre 1905). The Europeans load the 8X57 to just about run side by side with the 30-06. It's a good cartridge overall just not loaded to potential by the US Ammo makers.

Can't give you any technical data. I was in the market for a light weight, all weather rifle that had more power than my 06. Didn't want a larger heavier longer 338 or the recoil. I narrowed it down to a 300wsm or the 300rusm (or whatever rem calls it) but then I read about the 325 and happened to get my hands on a 325 Kimber. It fit the bill for me and worked great last hunting season on my sheep and moose.

There are obvioiusly lots of other gun and caliber combos that will work as good. This one just worked out for me.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Question 325 Wsm

I am considering this caliber. What kind of accuracy are you getting from this gun at 100, 200, and 300 yards using 180, 200, or 220 gr bullets? Factory or Hand loads?

I did read the post from Kifaru message board. I was just wondering about us "regular" guys that don't shoot 1600 rounds of ammo a year.

I'm just a regular guy and mine shoots under 1 inch at 100yds with winchester 200gr accubonds. Only ammo I have shot through it. About 3 inches at 200yds is the best I can hold. I just use a pillow on the bench. Never have tried it on a nice bench rest. I suspect it can shoot better than I can!
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again