Thread: Narrowed it down and need your help

Default Narrowed it down and need your help

Figuring it is more important to go with a proven charter vs location I have narrowed down my choices to the following:

Deep Creek/Ninilchik Area - Ninilchik Charters (Mike Flores), Heavenly Sights, or Cook Inlet Charters

Seward - Puffin Charters

I know that there are tons of other great Charters, but please try to only comment on the ones I've listed above.

I'm interested in only halibut fishing, so the chance to catch other species is not important to me. I'd like to get out on the water with the best/friendliest charter from the above.

Thanks!!

Default Heavenly Sights

I have been out with Heavenly Sights a few times in the last few years. They do a good job and I found them to be very friendly. Only problem is they tend to put you on a chicken patch and hurry you to catch your limit so they can get back in and run there second charter of the day. If you do not mind that I have caught some really good eatin Halibut with them.

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBum View Post
    Only problem is they tend to put you on a chicken patch and hurry you to catch your limit so they can get back in and run there second charter of the day.Good Luck
    Personally, that's the LAST thing I'd want in a charter.
    "The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent in fishing" Assyrian Tablet 2000 B.C.

I agree with nick, make SURE its not a half day charter. Heavenly Sights did it to me with out telling me after they tried to make up for some weathered out days. Bottom Line in deep Creek is very good and they look for the big ones.