Thread: tred barta illness

Default tred barta illness

http://www.sportfishermen.com/board/...rta-75371.html

FYI - not sure if has been posted elsewhere yet; anyway - I enjoyed his programs; even when he didn't get his quarry (which made it more realistic than most); likes bowhunting large game etc.

Tred takes fair chase beyond fair chase alot of the time makeing things extra hard.He is a nut case that has lived life to its fullest and did it his way and probably will again.

Default Hope all fares well...

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Tred takes fair chase beyond fair chase alot of the time makeing things extra hard.He is a nut case that has lived life to its fullest and did it his way and probably will again.
    I concur. Tred, at first, struck me as arogant and too cocky to fill his own shoes. After watching a few of his shows, The Best & the Worst of Tred Barta, something about his arogance caught my attention. His life long adventures are his accomplishments, something many of us will never experience. It is through his trial & error he portrays himself, as if recalling past experience paid forward to the here and now. I commend his dedication and reputation as a professional sportsman. In closure, his show really is about the best and worse of not only himself, but the realities of hunting & fishing; not all ventures are successful. He makes me feel lazy watching sometimes, he definately has sure gusto, or as stated above is just nuts. Either way, I wish him the best and hope he recovers.
    Respect what you do not own but are privleged to enjoy, Mother Earth thanks you...

Default Bummer

Man...that's a major bummer. I like what I've seen of Ted's shows and think he's done a nice job in standing out from the same old boring stuff that's so often produced.

I wish him the best for full recovery.
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Thanks for the heads up. I'm sorry to hear that.

Brett

Thumbs up Tred...

I too was saddened to read that report of Treds health crises.
    I have enjoyed many of his shows, laughing with him and sometimes at him....but always enjoying his spirit.
    My most dedicated client-hunter occasionally calls me Tred, as in "yo Tred, slow down". Or "brother Tred, it was only one missed shot" (at a ram!).

Life is short. Great health can change in an instant.
    Think safety but play hard! Tred has.

Far more than myself, I think he has the "grit" to outlive this crises.
    Along with all of you, I hope he wins!

Dennis

Default Arrogance

Tred Barta has shown more than enough for 1 person. It has been a trait that I don't "warm up to" very well.

However, I will pray for his recovery. Perhaps he will survive as a changed person.

Someone (I'm pretty sure on this forum) always signs off "the future is promised to no one". 'Nuff said.