Thread: child safety law and youth hip waders

Default child safety law and youth hip waders

I was in a local gear store in mid town the other day and the manager was on the phone with his supplier of youth hip waders. Since they are made in China they fall under the new (from last year) lead content testing laws and can't be imported or sold until there is a lead management plan approved and the lead content testing completed.

I also learned that this one small store in a basement of an old strip mall sells 10,000 youth hip waders a year. And right now those hip waders are sitting in China rather than on my kids feet. Luckily her chest waders still fit.

This also affects any imported products such as youth sized rain gear, boots.... I guess pretty much everything. The only rain gear they had for kids was last years Frog Toggs. We will see how they hold up. If bear guides like them maybe a 6th grader can't kill them in a week like other rain gear.

This same law affects child sized motorcycles and atv's, because of the wiring that contains lead, just in case your child decides to chew on the electrical cables of his atv. Good thing someone is looking out for today's kids,. or they would be dropping dead left and right from chewing on lead electrical cables.

they need to stop selling children's ATV's with batteries, or some poor kid might chew on it and get lead poisoning. instead, just go back to pull starts, reduce the obesity of the youth

I am just glad the goverment is keeping my kids safe so i dont have to. if it were for laws like this and the TV i might actuality have to be a parent.