Thread: Purches/Peters creek run

Default Purches/Peters creek run

Went out there yesterday for the first time ever. We went in the hard way, through the marshes, and came out over the top. It was a beautiful day, the riding was pretty good once we got to the creek. After crossing Purches we went over the ridge to Peters and up to the cabin at Sevenmile creek, then as far up Peters creek as we could go. I wanted to get on top of the ridge above Peters creek, but I must have missed that trail, and we ran out of time for poking around. Saw a wolf as we were climbing the ridge out of Purches on the way back, saw no other big game. All in all, it was a fun trip, I might go again sometime.

Did you take the trial right after the bridge where that smei big parking spot is? How is the road, can you drive past Black Mountain Lodge? I was thinking of heading up there this weekend if we don't get a good report on Eureka. Sounds like most of the snow is gone up top. Thanks for the report.

Default tenmm

Do you know how to get to the upper little Willow creek from that trail? I want to kayak the creek up high.

We started from the parking lot at the bridge, I dont think I'll ever do that again! We did a big loop, and came out up the road about 4 miles. The gate past the lodge was open.

I dont know about getting to the Little Willow, I didnt get to where i could tell if there was a trail over there or not.

Quote Originally Posted by markoathout View Post
    Do you know how to get to the upper little Willow creek from that trail? I want to kayak the creek up high.
    same trail, just keep heading toward the L. Willow instead of heading up Peters Cr. valley...

Here's a shot of the head waters from last spring...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Quote Originally Posted by Tenmm View Post
    We started from the parking lot at the bridge, I dont think I'll ever do that again! We did a big loop, and came out up the road about 4 miles. The gate past the lodge was open.

I dont know about getting to the Little Willow, I didnt get to where i could tell if there was a trail over there or not.
    Sounds like you came down Black Creeks trail which is where I want to go. Did it have a lot of rocks and was kinda steep?

Yep, kinda steep and lots of rocks pretty well sums it up. Most of the snow is gone on top, but whats left is in the trail. We had to bypass a lot of the trail because of the drifts. Probably wont be problem by this weekend though.

Good deal, thanks for the report.