Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Situk Steelhead 2009 Video

  1. #1
    Member JediMasterSalmonSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    North Pole, Alaska
    Posts
    1,837

    Default Situk Steelhead 2009 Video

    Ok..here it is, let us know what you think.

    http://www.trophy-clips.com/view_vid...cb86f73acc0464

    Planning for next year already, remember there is always room for one more....

    TSS
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com


  2. #2
    Member danattherock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    5,608

    Default

    Cool footage man. Thanks for sharing that here on the forum.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

  3. #3
    Member TYNMON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Corvallis, Oregon, United States
    Posts
    918

    Default

    NIce video... looked like to me that you got into a mix of spawning and fresh steelhead and some resident rainbows... The overwintering dollies where a nice bonus to I bet!.

  4. #4
    Member tjm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,125

    Default

    always a pleasure to see the 'force' in action...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

  5. #5

    Default

    very nice, look like you guys had a good time!

  6. #6
    Member bigcox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kotzebue, Alaska
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TYNMON View Post
    NIce video... looked like to me that you got into a mix of spawning and fresh steelhead and some resident rainbows... The overwintering dollies where a nice bonus to I bet!.

    Definently a nice bonus...but I'm pretty sure they are sea-run dollies. Some of those dark old boots were pretty nasty, you can really tell a difference with the fighting between the fresh and overwintered steelies.
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...


    http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

  7. #7
    Member TYNMON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Corvallis, Oregon, United States
    Posts
    918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigcox View Post
    Definently a nice bonus...but I'm pretty sure they are sea-run dollies. Some of those dark old boots were pretty nasty, you can really tell a difference with the fighting between the fresh and overwintered steelies.
    I meant that the dollies looked as though they had overwinter in the river... You showed a few picture of fish that where definitly resident rainbows and not steelhead... Nice video!

  8. #8
    Member alaskachuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    3,256

    Default

    You are Da Man Jedi. I hope to see you up north and chase grayling. let june and I know who what where and when and we will make it up
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

  9. #9
    Member bigcox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kotzebue, Alaska
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TYNMON View Post
    I meant that the dollies looked as though they had overwinter in the river... You showed a few picture of fish that where definitly resident rainbows and not steelhead... Nice video!

    Oh Yeah!!!!

    Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...


    http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

  10. #10
    Member 900fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Menominee, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    1,021

    Default

    right on that is bad@$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

  11. #11

    Default

    You shouldn't be lifting those fish out of the water like that to take pictures.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Sick!!! Some pigs in there

    Nice video again guys, always looks like you're having fun, can't beat that.

  13. #13
    Member bigcox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kotzebue, Alaska
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skipjack View Post
    You shouldn't be lifting those fish out of the water like that to take pictures.
    Okay Daddy....

    What kind of person revives a two month old thread just to councel somebody on how to handle a fish? I know we aren't the only people that have lifted the fish out of the water for a photo, I assure you that all the fish were returned to the water immediately after the photo, if that makes you feel better....
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...


    http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

  14. #14
    Member JediMasterSalmonSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    North Pole, Alaska
    Posts
    1,837

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by bigcox View Post
    Okay Daddy....

    What kind of person revives a two month old thread just to councel somebody on how to handle a fish? I know we aren't the only people that have lifted the fish out of the water for a photo, I assure you that all the fish were returned to the water immediately after the photo, if that makes you feel better....
    You spelled council incorrectly in your post Sounds like there is a new deputy in town...




    "I don't care"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails deputy_dawg.gif  
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com


  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Chandler, Arizona
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Either way, I'm glad to watch this video anytime over and over! Awesome fish and kick @ss music!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •