Thread: Minimum size - four place trailer

Default Minimum size - four place trailer

16' or 18'?

Looked at a 14' x 7' side load but the dimensions didn't add up for four atvs.

What is your smallest, comfortable four-place atv trailer?

I use my featherlite 4 place at 8-1/2x 20. It holds 4 wheelers with plenty of room, and 5 if I put them on sideways, to include the side by side rigs.

Default 4 place

Most full size 4x4 ATV's take up about 7' x 4' that is the bumper to bumper and outside of tire dims, so if you are side loading you will need a 7' x 16' and won't have much room to spare, if your rear loading you can put them side by side on an 8' or 8'6" wide trailer and would need to be at least 14" long again without much room to spare so a 16 or 18 would give you more room for coolers, gas cans or meat trailers, remember also that with 4 full size quads back there you are carrying close to 3000# and as much as $30,000, don't try to save a few dollars and risk your load, consider a dual axle and something with good size tires and good places to put lots of tiedownws
    19' Lowe Roughneck
    90/65 Honda 4 stroke
    Outboard Jet

To carry 4 adult size ATV's safely you need a minimum of 18' of trailer. Make sure it's tandem axle, minimum of 3500# load rating and the tires are a minimum of load range "C". Then be sure to buy a spare, rim and a good lock. Then go have fun.

I had Aurora Trailers build my trailer. It is a 14'x8.5' deckover trailer with tandem axles and brakes. It works perfectly with 4-700cc Grizzlys. If you are going to haul any 6 wheelers or anything bigger you will need to go to a 16' or longer.
    EricL

Quote Originally Posted by EricL View Post
    I had Aurora Trailers build my trailer. It is a 14'x8.5' deckover trailer with tandem axles and brakes. It works perfectly with 4-700cc Grizzlys. If you are going to haul any 6 wheelers or anything bigger you will need to go to a 16' or longer.
    Update..

Went with Aurora. He built up a nice 16' x 8.5'. Added D rings in the spots I wanted, included heavy duty ramps that slide into pockets in the rear and can be used anywhere around the trailer.

Purchased a Prodigy brake controller (recommend) for the e-brakes.

Maybe soon I can haul more four wheelers rather than building supplies

Btw.. hauling that trailer to Eklutna is an experience. Did you know that most of the curves are not symmetrical? Darn near ran an APD squad car off the road. The passenger side tires rode the white line all the way down. Nice little pucker ride.