Thread: Shrimp pot thieves

Default Shrimp pot thieves

I don't know if forum members have seen this on craigslist in regard to shrimp pot thieves. I have been waiting and watching my stuff from shore in a hidden location with my high powered video camera for several years. I did video some thieves a few years ago but to no avail. Thankfully the State passed a law last year that made it illegal to touch another person's gear without permission. These are some bold folks and don't seem to realize that if it is not yours, you shouldn't touch it. I hope these guys get the full penalty of the law (and chastized to boot).

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/1178611371.html

Default crab pot

man i hate thieves i had my crab pots pulled and one takin it really bugged me
    ii hope you can catch them

Angry Stupid risk!!!

It is amazing to think what could happen to the guys who get caught stealing. Think about this; Middle of nowhere (the ocean) and a boat rolls up catching red handed thieves who decide to punish the thieves themselves. If there are people insane enough to steal "shrimp" or "shrimp gear" of all things, then I bet there are people insane enough to take care of the thieves themselves. The thieves were in a Harbercraft, that boat costs a fortune! How do you get a boat like that without brains?

Quote Originally Posted by Myers View Post
    How do you get a boat like that without brains?
    Steal it?

Yeah we saw it.

It was posted here last night, then that post disappeared.

Default post

There is a lot of discussion on the Fishing forum about the incident
    Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life

Angry I passed that boat

at the washdown. I'm not sure if there were Asian or Fillipino. They were in a hurry though. Funny they had the fortitude to wash down before bailing out of town.
    We never really grow up, we only learn
    how to act in public

Default Figure out who these thieves are

I had a Kingfisher, had to sell it this past winter, they are indeed expensive boats. Since AMD is the local dealer I'd ask them who has bought Kingfishers with that look like this. I can promise you the list is pretty darn short ...... I lost some pots in the past as well to theives so making an example of these guys might help keep some people more honest.

Default It wasn't me

I own a 28 ft. kingfisher that looks just like this one, however it wasn't me stealing pots. At least I have a different AK number. Sooooooo if you see a look alike Kingfisher don't start shooting. It may be me pulling my own pots and enjoying the sound.

By the way if you got the AK numbers how come you can't find these pot stealing idiots???

I will say this, thieves really piss me off.

Yes, I too have a very similar Kingfisher 2525 (same green color stripe), but with a single 225 hp Honda with kicker - so please hold off on the shooting, shouting, etc.

I am right there with you all - hope they take these guys to the slammer. Just flat out not acceptable - we all work hard for our money!!!!!!!

I apologize to all the King fisher owners, it was not my intent that you get harassed, my intent was just to let everybody know to watch out for this one boat, to protect your own gear if this one individual boat is in your area and not to harass anybody just because they have a king fisher.
    I have been in contact with the trooper and they are investigating, and I am sure that justice will be served.
    I want to thank you all for your support.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    Yeah we saw it.

It was posted here last night, then that post disappeared.

It didn't disappear, I merged the 4 different threads on the topic.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default So a merged where link would help!

I have tried to find a couple times and with no luck, so please show merged with what.
    I lost pots, East side of Culross, couldn't catch up with the boat. Had 2 .300win mags on board and thought about it. A nice whole a couple inches below the water line could give them something to do. But didn't.
    State troppers said they would watch for. I marked them with a stainless steel tie wrap stamped with and identifier. Along with another dead give away. If I ever see I'll know them.
    Troppers in Girdwood who are over that 783-0972

Would love to see video!

AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Talking WTS: Shrimp pots,

I'm selling these at the Seward Harbor out of my green stripped Kingfisher.

I have lots of pots with accessories. Various markings and types available...

Quote Originally Posted by akfalar View Post

Boy your just a ****ing riot buddy

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Default Ha Ha Ha funny Joke ???

Now that makes all kinds of??????????
    Quote Originally Posted by akfalar View Post

Exclamation Shrimp Pot Thieves - Info The Local Coast Guard

I would also recommend that you notify the Coast Guard (CG) in the local area. The CG doesn’t like gear theft just as much as anybody else. Just a recommendation…

It sounds likes this is not an uncommon thing with this vessel and crew. I’m sure most of you have seen the Coast Guard during their patrols or the C-130’s at times and the can ID boats handling gear or known for stealing and they would pass the info on to the correct authorities...Or handle it themselves if it was A CG VSL.

Respectfully, bird dog