Thread: Nancy Lake

Default Nancy Lake

Had a nice pike fish on Saturday. Small jerkbait was the trick. Dark top w/light silver belly. I seem to have better luck with darker lures in dark water. I fished the cove on the south side where the river flows out. I took the river to the shallow area (Lake Pond) where the river opens up prior to bridge.

Couple 2-3 pounders and a couple of 4-5 pounders, they were hungry! Have fun!

How big was your pike in inches? We've caught some nice fish in Nancy in the past. Recently we've been going to a different lake that is nearby Nancy and have been doing real well on the small pike.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Default Size

Whats the average size pike in Nancy Lake? Is there potiential for big fish? Thinking of heading that wya this weekend.
    Caught and Released

I want to do some pike fishing this June in the Matsu valley. Any helpful thoughts, ideas, etc... would be appreciated. Thanks.

...Nancy Lake has some 40" fish...
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Sounds like some of you have been having better luck than me lately. All the fish in the area around Nancy haven't been all that aggressive yet. I'm hoping things will pick up here in the next 2-3 weeks.

I saw a 30" pike 2 days ago in Nancy but no luck anywhere else for pike personally although I know a few people have had better luck there and heard of some people catching some fair sized ones in Red Shirt Lake 2-3 days ago.

Water is still too chilly. Fish are spooky during the bright sunny days.

i got a few pike in sand lake last week. they seemed fairly aggressive in the am, then slowed down when the sun was overhead. this is when you bring out the bow and shoot the darn things. if you are able to stand in your boat and go at a sloooow steady speed you will see them all over the place.

my favorite way to fish them is to slowly troll a whole herring rigged just like you would for salmon. no bobber, no weight, just a gamatsu mooching set up. the weight of the hook keeps the herring down far enough, but up above the weed beds.

if you do try sand lake go to the canal with all the houses on it. if you use your bow fishing rig you'll get some bad looks from the home owners, but screw em. just don't shoot any airplanes, that would be bad!

Fished one of my favorite pike creeks last week, and it was dead till about 10 pm then BAM