Thread: atv fourm fishing trip...

Thumbs up atv fourm fishing trip...

who's up for one cantwell/paxton area june...and No i will not give up my spot...
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

I certainly am! Just moved up her with my wheeler and really need to get out for a nice ride. Catchin some fish would be an awesome bonus! Please keep me posted or P.M. me with some more info. Thanks Mike

Where would you be fishing at??

Exclamation 911!!! i can't say...as MY greyling/ lake trout will deplet...

i was thinkin we could all meet at a pull out on "one of the ends of the hwy" and there is where the info is put out PS; i have fished EVERY lake on that road.

Default guide?

So you will guide us to the fish on ATV trails? That sounds pretty good to me.

Any idea of when you like to do this ride? We like to fly fish so this could be right up our alley.

Default well, i know somthing...jack of all, master of none :)

but i have been in the 20" greyling club for some years now/no BS as i put a tape to every one of them that are in "my slot size".. and i Never keep them .(unless major blood loss/damage/ it's their time to go...) 4 days (1 to drive there wheel in set camp..etc .....wheelers/ trailers, camp/ fishin gear a boat/raft or shore fishing.. cold barley pop/sunshine and new buddys = a good time! me and my kid have taken this trip for years.... NOT sayin that some of u have not hit the spots i have found... i like to Catch fish/boat... i will take a monster greying hitting my lure Time and Time again with NO people around.. then to drive all the way to catch one, hard to work for samlon.. (well sometimes we clean up there to !! ) i for one wine went i see a "people foot print" from a month ago on MY sand bar !

Default You mean grayling like this?

Denali Hwy somewhere between Paxson and Cantwell July 2008. Caught several this size. Kept one to eat right there on the spot. Awesome! Scenic background and skyline have been deleted to protect the innocent

Took me a few years and lots of wheeler trips down different trails to find this spot and I'm sure it's no secret to anyone intimate with the Denali Hwy. Wheelers and getting away from the highway are the key to good fishing spots. Just like moose hunting - "Go farther than the last guy/camp."

You guys have fun with your trip. I still haven't had my fill of this spot and I'm not willing to openly share it. The picture is provided to spark the imagination and peak your curiosity. If you have an idea of where this is you can pm me, but please don't post openly.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice fish! I too have a "spot" on the Denali I go to for big grayling. There are very few things I would rather be doing. I have a spot here on the Kenai as well.

Default looks cold

DOING MY RESEARCH, with the nws, and a buddy near the road... lookin cold may will have to plan a later than i'm use to date around the 18th... june

Thumbs up ready to go!

the 21st is the day ice will still be floating on the lakes .....

Quote Originally Posted by atvalaska View Post
    the 21st is the day ice will still be floating on the lakes .....
    Really the 21st the ice will be just coming off?? Perfect timing for lakers right after ice off!!