Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shrimp Pot Thieves?

Default Shrimp Pot Thieves?

Saw this on Craigslist. Interesting...
    http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/1177350304.html

Here's the guy's story with pics in case it gets removed:

"i cought these two guys red handed with my pots and bouy on board there boat, i have about 5 miniutes of video of them and there boat that i am handing over to the troopers for prosecution. here are some photos of the guys and there boat, if these guys are in the area, keep a close eye on your gear.

in the photos my bouy is at the one ******** feet and those are my shrimp pots on his deck still pulling up the last pot. "
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Brian M; 05-18-2009 at 18:23. Reason: language

I saw that also. I replied to his add and told him about this web site, hoping he will post some better quality photos and maybe even the video.

This was posted on craigslist by one of my friends/coworkers. The confrontation was intense, so it might not be appropriate to post the video on the site. Thanks to Amendment II of our Constitution, my friend was able to recover his shrimping gear and control the situation. Iíve anchored over night within sight of my shrimp sets after having my pots picked, but I havenít witnessed thieves in action yet. Iím equipped for either long-range or close-quarters engagement of such fools - I canít believe they think itís worth it.

Default Sent you a PM

Quote Originally Posted by onh2o View Post
    This was posted on craigslist by one of my friends/coworkers. The confrontation was intense, so it might not be appropriate to post the video on the site. Thanks to Amendment II of our Constitution, my friend was able to recover his shrimping gear and control the situation. Iíve anchored over night within sight of my shrimp sets after having my pots picked, but I havenít witnessed thieves in action yet. Iím equipped for either long-range or close-quarters engagement of such fools - I canít believe they think itís worth it.

Curious about where this happened.
    We never really grow up, we only learn
    how to act in public

It would be nice to hear more of this story, approximate location and what the thieves reaction was.

Southend of Long Channel on the southwest side of Knight Island around 2pm Sunday afternoon.

Default Watch your back

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/1177350304.html

Someone might come up behind you and steal your stuff!

This is the best craigslist ad ever. These two clowns were caught red-handed stealing someone else's shrimp gear.
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

Default How did it all go down?

Was it like "give me my stuff back and I won't shoot holes in yer boat" kinda thing? Couldn't charges be pressed if you have them on video?
    We never really grow up, we only learn
    how to act in public

Thank the good Lord for the second ammendment! It kind of goes back to the old saying that "God made man but Samual Colt made them equal." If more of these a-holes got caught like this then maybe people would think twice about doing it. Kudo's to your friend for making things right.

What the hell is a guy doing with a 120K boat stealing shrimp for anyway?

What a bunch of idiots! This stuff makes me mad!
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Default How did it go Down

The video would have to show clearly the name and registration number on the bouys, or other "proof" it was thiers. Just a say so wouldn't work. From the posted pics you can't see the required information on the bouys.

But then again.
    .45 speaks louder than words.....

Default Good catch...

I dont see how a person with such a nice boat will do such dumb things when there is that risk of losing all that brought them there. Maybe im wrong for thinking that way, but then again some people dont think its skin off there back aquiring nice things.

Default I was wondering.

When I saw this posted on Craigs List I also wondered why someone with such a nice boat would even consider taking someones shrimp pots. Might belong to another, rented, borrowed, or something. This should be as interesting as the caribou killing. Sure would like to see the video. Maybe we could relax the standards just once or edit out the bad words I've never heard for this first hand information. Just wondering.

Default Boat load.

Looking throu this with a diffrent set of eyes you see a cost effective way of baiting. May be enough to get you throu next spring.

Thumbs up

Baiting or Chumming...

Default Same thought

Whats a guy with a 130k boat stealing pots for? Hope they get whats coming to them. Hillbilly

Thats my dad

Are they from Somalia.. I hear there coming here

Default what are you going to do?

has anyone contacted the state troopers because they have a phone number that you can reach and tell them the boats ID and what they were doing.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast