Thread: got my first bear and a lot of other firsts

Default got my first bear and a lot of other firsts

So I got my first black bear last friday all on my own . Its also my first kill of a big game animal, also shot it with my bow at my first bait station and i mainly did it all on my own.
    So my site started getting hit sometime from last monday to wednesday. Sat on the sit wednesday and did not have any thing come in, so when out friday early in the morning. Did not have anything come in until around 10 in the morning, I think i spooked this bear and it left before touching the bait. Had a small bear come in an hour later that was very nervis just eat the food on the ground and left. Then nothing came in untill this one and she acted like she was right at home, so i took a couple of pic of her with my phone and then desided to shot her.

so i learned a lot from this the big thing is practice with ever peace of gear you are using. Point being i did but my face mask and when i draw my bow back i could not see anything had to reajust at full draw not the best thing.

Also just droped the hide and skull off to get tanned and the guy said that I did a great job a lot better than most he see, withturning the ears and skinning out the paws and fleshing. That all thanks to Last frontier taxidermy skinning clinic at the winter bow hunters banquet

thanks to everbody that help me and all that i have learn just from this sit.
    Cheer
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congratulations!

Sounds like a day you'll never forget!

Thumbs up

Stoked for ya, Bud!
    Congrat's!

Taylor

-[]------->

Congrats, you will never forget the first one! I remember practically every detail from umm, 17 years ago. Good job!
    Bob

Become one with Nature......... Then Marinade it.

Skipper, congrats thanx for the story and pix
    wtg- pat
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER