Thread: Pollination

Default Pollination

I have two apple trees that I bought from Lowes about 3 years ago and since then, I have only had about 4 or 5 flowers bloom on each with no fruit produced. So I bought another apple tree (crab apple) and planted that near the other two hoping that it would help with the cross pollination. No luck. I can't remember what type of apple tree I purchased which probably doesn't help. Any ideas to help these trees take off? Oh, I did get two apple attempts but they only made to be the size of ping pong balls and promptly fell off the tree around mid July. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life

Sounds like a water or neutriens problem not pollination. The most common reason apples fall of prematurely is lack of water.
    usually unpolinated flowers will just fall off with no significant swelling. The first thing I would try is regular watering. Some people like to put drip systems in for their apple trees.

Ahh, thanks for the tip. The ground has a fair bit of clay in it so maybe it's lacking nutrience. I'll try watering more frequently and see if that helps.
    Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life