Thread: Got to start them young!

Default Got to start them young!

Got my 5 year old God Son behind the oars on Saturday. He was stronger than I expected! Another couple years and he probably won't let me row anymore!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sweet!! Never too young!

Default Great pics.

I had my 8y/o grand daughter on the oars last weekend. She felt all grown up. I could not help but notice the coors light can on the cooler. I got to know, was the godson having fun,,,or was he the designated driver?

I have always said, "beer and food taste better on the river". have fun and keep them kids in the field.

Quote Originally Posted by borderblue1 View Post
    I had my 8y/o grand daughter on the oars last weekend. She felt all grown up. I could not help but notice the coors light can on the cooler. I got to know, was the godson having fun,,,or was he the designated driver?

I have always said, "beer and food taste better on the river". have fun and keep them kids in the field.

Good eye Blue!

I noticed that after I posted the pics...and hey where's my life vest? Not a good ambassador for safety huh! THAT coors was actually not mine though!

But like I said a couple more years that little guy and my nephews will be great designated raft-drivers!!!!

Default 10-4

Rat,

I just moved to Alaska last Aug. Took my first trips down the Kenai last Sat and Sun. Love that river. Man I cant wait to fish it. It has been a dream since I was about 10. read about it in feild and stream and still remember the pictures.

Maybe Ill see you out there. I plan on fish my a-- off this year and hope to get to know the river. Are there any others in the anchorage area that offer that type of float? Be safe and go get em.