Thread: .45-70 Cowboy Rounds - Can't Find 'em!

Default .45-70 Cowboy Rounds - Can't Find 'em!

A coworker of mine is trying to find .45-70 rounds for his Sharps, and he is having no luck. It's not the standard .45-70 round, it's the special "cowboy" round that shoots black powder or a lower-powered smokeless. He has looked and can't find the ammo anywhere. Does anybody know where you can get it? If not, someone else from the office is traveling outside in July and will pick him up some, but the guy doesn't want to wait until mid-July to shoot his gun.

Thanks!

-Gr
    My signature is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr is for Greg View Post
    A coworker of mine is trying to find .45-70 rounds for his Sharps, and he is having no luck. It's not the standard .45-70 round, it's the special "cowboy" round that shoots black powder or a lower-powered smokeless. He has looked and can't find the ammo anywhere. Does anybody know where you can get it? If not, someone else from the office is traveling outside in July and will pick him up some, but the guy doesn't want to wait until mid-July to shoot his gun.

Thanks!

-Gr
    You might move this over to the shooting threads. You'll get a bigger number of viewers than in a muzzleloader section. As a guess, you might check the ammo listings on the Horandy or Speer sites. At one time they both turned out loads for CA shooting, I believe.

I suppose 'cowboy' loads might be required for cowboy action competition, but I bought a box of .44specials, because of the low price, fired them thru my Super Blackhawk, and the amount of lead I had to clean out of the barrel was unreal. I was brushing out huge chunks. No more 'cowboy' loads for me.

Jeff