Thread: Sitka - Dove Island Lodge vs. Talon Lodge

Question Sitka - Dove Island Lodge vs. Talon Lodge

I am heading to Sitka this summer with a group of 6-7 guys. We are planning on going to a quote..."luxury" lodge. We are currently booked into Dove Island Lodge, but we have also heard great things about Talon Lodge. Does anyone know about either of them...good or bad? Thanks for the help!!

Alaskan Owned? I'd not want to go to Alaskan Lodge and get stuck with Down South owners and guides...

Quote Originally Posted by 270ti View Post
    Alaskan Owned? I'd not want to go to Alaskan Lodge and get stuck with Down South owners and guides...
    Some of the worst guides I've worked with were locals when I worked for a resort near Ketchikan. Now that I think about it, the owners of that resort (locals) weren't much either. Left in 94 and went to work for a great resort with a bunch of out of state guides and owners, been there ever since! My $.02 worth.

Sorry, can't help much on Sitka lodges/resorts.

I haven't been to either; however, Dove Island Lodge has been personally checked out and given the stamp of approval by the staff at Alaska Fly Fishing Goods.

Quote Originally Posted by AkKings View Post
    Some of the worst guides I've worked with were locals when I worked for a resort near Ketchikan. Now that I think about it, the owners of that resort (locals) weren't much either. Left in 94 and went to work for a great resort with a bunch of out of state guides and owners, been there ever since! My $.02 worth.

Sorry, can't help much on Sitka lodges/resorts.
    What boat/outfit do you work for?

What boat/outfit do you work for?

The big 1 south of town.

OK. I'm sure I bumped into you (literally) at that Coho bite at Arboleda last year.. Can't believe you guys fit your entire fleet into that spot...(grin) I ran the "Aluminated Lady", the Red/White Almar for the last few years. I'll be on the 30ft Trinity this season.

Know those boats well, I've run boat 18 for the past 6 or 7 years, same boat again this year.

I'll be on the 30ft Trinity this season.
    Chuck get a new boat?

Yeah, he had a sister ship built for the Trinity this winter. It's two feet longer and a foot wider. It's very nice. I'm looking forward to having the Trinity and more space. T

Default From What I Have Heard. . .

. .Talon Lodge is the better of the two. I will try to send you an email. ;-]