Thread: Back from Valdez

north pole ak

Default Back from Valdez

I just got back from boating out of Valdez in my 17' wooly. We were in 4-5 foot waves at one point. Thank goodness for the self bailing bow. We ducked into sawmill bay and spent the night. The next 4 days were pretty calm. We spoted several bears up high but did not take one. The shrimping was great. We ran 5 pots and pulled them about 1/2 to 3/4 full every 12 hrs. We did not have good luck fishing but sure brought home a lot of shrimp. It was my first time shrimping. Is it normal to catch so many? Pictures to follow.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I worked down there for about a month a couple of summers ago and we checked our pots every day after work and never did that good.It was about middle of july into august.We moved our pots around quite a bit and tried different depths and baits.We were tring to target the two spot shrimp.

North Pole

dude thats so cool! Ive comtemplated on taking my Phantom down there and never have. Cant wait to see the pictures of the shrimp, thats so cool.