Thread: Sharkshide vs Other cleaners

Default Sharkshide vs Other cleaners

Well i have really been wanting to order some some sharkshide for my boats but i have heard that there are some issues with the black spots etc after using the product. Has anyone dealt with that and if so how bad is it? Also are there any other, equal to or better products that are sold here in Ak that i can get, so that i don;t have pay as much in shipping as the product is..lol.. That kills me that the Sharkshide is only $30 some odd dollars and the shipping is almost $40 dollars... Good times. Thanks for any replies.

David

Sharkhide isn't a cleaner it is a protectant and a darn good one. It helps to keep stains and oxidation off of the aluminum. I put it on my XS the first year I ran it, do a little touch up each spring and the hull looks as new. If your boat is already oxidized you will need to get that off before applying the Sharkhide. A few days ago someone posted a comment about a spray on/off cleaner but I can't remember what it was, do a search.

where can I find thise sharshide product.? Thanks

Default sharkhide

sharkhide also sells the cleaner, it works well but I would not say it is a spray on rinse off operation.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel in Ak View Post
    where can I find thise sharshide product.? Thanks
    I was lucky to buy a few cans from a Fairbanks Dealer going out of business, I believe Overton's has it.

wheres overtons located? looked it up in the phone book and found 2 that appear to be residents.

Default You can get Sharkhide products from

Arctic Cat on Commercial Drive...

Overtons is on-line, buy it locally if you can the freight is outrageous.

Question Makes you wonder

If Sharkhide isn't a rebranded sealer of some kind. The cleaner isn't anything more than dilluted muratic acid. It removes all stains and oxidization. Then all you do is clear coat with a sealer of some kind. I'll look at my can of Sharkhide to see if it gives the ingredients and then compare with something like rawhide. Just a thought.
    We never really grow up, we only learn
    how to act in public

Alum cleaner from Nappa works great! Just go to any Nappa and ask for it. Way cheaper than 30 bucks.

Default Local Dealer

I also just saw it at Greer Tank on International by the Airport the other week. They were bending up a davit bracket for me. I was wondering how it worked.