Thread: Johnson Rd, Salcha

Default Johnson Rd, Salcha

I was thinking about trying some spot and stalk hunting for bears on Johnson Road in Salcha. I haven't been in that area yet but would appreciate any advice or experiences that you may have had in that area. I heard there are a lot of baiters down there, but haven't heard of any sightings of blackies. Thanks

Default No Blackies

I have a bait in the area and had it up for a week and no hits yet but I don't know if I can afford to feed these GUYS!

The dates and times are false. There seems to be a Grizz and three moose that like my bait, and ravens. I had the same problems last year with grizz.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Good luck

I have yet to see a black bear out there. Plenty of Grizz though, but all of the one's I've seen have been down in the valleys in the thick stuff for the past few years.

Fuse

Default b bears

I haven't been out since late in the winter. The last time I saw a blackie down there, I was walking the pipeline looking for birds and bunnies. If you walk the pipeline down into first real major valley, past the creek, before the river, right after the pines (yeah, I"m sure those are great directions but I don't know how else to put it) you might see one. I caught a big blackie down there last fall. He seemed to be digging at something. Good luck!

Thanks for the info, I'll have to swing down there and see what's out. I'm looking for alternate bait sites.

More or less if you head up Johnson road you'll run across Grizzlies, but like smallmonzter said basically head east and go past the old mans cabin (he's a little cukoo) if you know what I mean? Anyhow head back in there a ways and I know there's Blackies in there.

Food for thought Ive seen tracks of quite a few Black bears If you take the pipeline West towards Eielson,but the thing is your to far from where they are frpom the Pipeline and I always came in from the North and humped it down the Valley a ways just scouting. Good Luck to you, as I know there's a few in there.Daniel

If you go back there spot-and-stalking and get one, I will be jealous because I tried for 3 years and never saw one...