Thread: Raft decking?

Default Raft decking?

I finally took the sage advice offered here and pluncked my pennies down, on a new Aire Super Puma(Orange) from ARK, should be in this week. Got the Bighorn frame with rower +1, 9ft Sawyer Polecat oars with the DuraMax blades.

I want to add some decking and am considering several options.

1. Buy the Recre Tec Campsite Counter from ARK $225 (deck + cooktop)

2. 3/4" Marine Plywood (paint/sealing vs. bedliner etc.)

3. Suitable acryllic/plastic "cutting-board" type

4. Diamond plate or other similar?

Ideas/advice/wisdom please.

Default Multi Use

I guess the basic question is what meets your needs the most.

Application is always the first question do you need something that works in several ways or just one.

Personal Preference should be your second question i.e. what works best for you and can you live with yor choice and does it meet your personal needs.

Cost - is the cost greater than the application needed i.e. if you spend $50.00 bucks and make something that will work yet does not meet your application need than it is 50 bucks spent for nothing.

If the application for your intended purpose falls with-in the cost your willing to spend your question will answer it-self however I am somewhat bias and would go with Option One listed in your email. (Why) Two birds one stone as well as the fact your have already gone the extra mile and have high end raft set up with most of the whistles and bells.

Blue Moose

P.S. Congrats on a great boat!

Thumbs up decking

I like having one of those front "deck-seats" that converts to a table also.....

...except they are heavy. If weight is a concern, go with a lighter front deck-seat....or get both, one each for different applications. It's only money, you will get more. And pewsonally. I don't prefer the diamond-plate metal decks. To me, metal decks and metal-deck-noises seem inconsistent with rafts and rafting. That just me.

You are gonna love that S-D Puma! Last year I added my third AIRE to my fleet. The newest guy is a 156D, which is really just a bigger Puma. Anyway, I got yellow, the brightest raft color I could get at that time. Your orange boat is gonna glow! I like it!

Dennis
    AK TAGS

Default Thanks

BlueMoose & AlaskaTrueAdventure

Thank you both for your advice. I think I will go with the dual-use option as the best for me.

Ed