Thread: Picked up another Rem Model Seven today!!!

Talking Picked up another Rem Model Seven today!!!

I have been looking for quite a while for the Remington Model Seven in Stainless/Synthetic for my 10 yr old sons first big game rifle.

I was making my Internet rounds and one chambered in .308 showed up late last night.

Of course I had to convince the wife how hard they are to find and what a good deal it was, she finally agreed. I called the guy first thing this AM and headed in to Anchorage to pick it up.

I always find it funny that if I want a new toy it is out of the question, but if its for the kids then its alright.

Of course this one is for the kid, but maybe he'll let his old man borrow it some. LOL.

I already had a wood/blued 7mm-08 that is the wife's. And the SS came out later and was discontinued before I was ready to buy one.

I am so stoked that I finally got my hands on one of these it was local, and in perfect condition.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Unbridled Beast

S/S Seven's are heavy for their size and typically fickle in nature,geared expressly to their handle. The injection handles often run 40+ ounces and are easily trumped.

In this day and age,the Faux Ti is tough to beat,though admittedly,I've a herd of Seven's in the wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Unbridled Beast View Post
    S/S Seven's are heavy for their size and typically fickle in nature,geared expressly to their handle. The injection handles often run 40+ ounces and are easily trumped.

In this day and age,the Faux Ti is tough to beat,though admittedly,I've a herd of Seven's in the wings.
    OK, thanks for the kind words of encouragement.

Looks like a winner, congrats . . . to the boy.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Default I give up

I bought for my son years back when he was about 13 a blue/laminate model 7 in .243. (hog and whitetail)
    Although I understand the attraction to the synthetic stock, I also wanted to pass something along with character and I love the look and feel of wood.
    I however was'nt lucky enough to find a good used one and shucked out the bucks for a new one.
    Its, the only NEW gun to arrive in our collection for a good many years.
    I also found it interesting how easily my wife found the purchase, when often times I come home with another lead tosser, and she shakes her head and asks how I plan to pay the morgage with that one.
    That model 7 in my opion is suberb.

Now, I give up, whats a faux ti? I searched, no luck...

Congrats on your fine purchase and I'm sure your boy is thrilled. Post your pics of the kills to come.

I've had a Model 7 in 6mm for 26 years. The little rascal will shoot 3 into one ragged hole all day long. It is my favorite gun. Congratulations on your find. Your son should be able to enjoy that one for many years.