Thread: Memorial Weekend: Petersville Rd. or Eureka?

Default Memorial Weekend: Petersville Rd. or Eureka?

I've never been to Eureka, so right now my plans are for Petersville unless I get some good news on Eureka.

I'm planning on taking my dog with me (8mo golden retriever) so I want a relatively easy/ non technical/ not too rough type of trail.

How difficult is Eureka? Is/are the main trail(s) really rough, not too bad, or cake?

Compared to Petersville Rd. (which is super easy, IMO), how does Eureka compare?

Anyone have snow reports from either destination?

Where are you folks going?

some are difficult and some are easy we went there few times we love that place we will go there again maybe on aug right now we plan go to jonesville in sutton this weekend for memorial day weekend stay there for three days camping we will riding atv jonesville to buffalo mines

We're looking at going to Eureka this coming weekend but still waiting on a report on trail conditions. Last report I read said that you could barely get passed the Kroto Creek bridge out at Petersville.

We have been to Eureka a couple of times on the Memorial day weekend and the wont be back untill later. The riding is very limited most of the time and the water levels are just too high. It makes for a tough ride for the wifes and kiddoes. Not to mention the bugs and wind too. The last time on this weekend I was there swamped my ride as it slid down on ice into old man creek. Even the big rigs were not even crossing. So We are headed out to Petersville insteed and see whats up. Most say that the road is usally snow free past the road house this weekend on. If any one want to join up for some riding and camping the wife and I will be out there camping. We both are riding black Arctic Cats and will be in a 29 Ft Tioga...

Hmmm. Eureka sounds iffy. I guess the dog and I will probably either head up to Petersville, or maybe leave the wheeler at home and drive the Denali Hwy or car camp somewhere else.

Garyb: If we do Petersville and see 'yall we'll say hi. I'll be on the green grizzly 700 with the large dog kennel strapped to the back.