Thread: Petersburg, Ketchikan and Sitka

Default Petersburg, Ketchikan and Sitka

I am cosponsoring three derbies is Alaska this season. I decided rather than blow massive $$$$ on advertising I would just travel up and fish in the derbies. I will be in Petersburg May 21st - May 25th and in Ketchikan from May 25th - May 28th and Sitka May 28th - June 1st. I am hoping to find some locals that want to go trolling. Are there any Sport fishing clubs around? I am going up pretty blind but I will have the main tools to get some fish. I am planning on posting a report for every town and area. Man I am so excited this is going to be great.

Konezone,

If you make it to Craig on POW, I'll take you out if you don't mind fishing out of a 20ft Pacific. I'm a downrigger fanatic and I fish every chance I get. Craig/Klawock has a derby that runs May/June and July/Aug.

WTH! - snubbing both Juneau and Craig?

You should get some decent fishing in even if you "only" get to fish K-town, Sheeitika and Norksetown.

So Calvin, who's leading the local derby down there? I know the gal leading our derby. Right at 34.5# gutted and gilled. Usually right around 40# G&G wins it all.

Sitka usually has some hawgs. Prolly Kenai River fish working their way up the coast. We're supposed to get a good number of 5 & 6 year old Taku fish this year - haven't seen indications of it quite yet.

I think it's only 27# leading it right now, but bigger has been caught. Most of us are too lazy to get our ticket until Memorial day. I've had some very good days so far for kings.

Ktown and Pburg ain't even in the same ballpark as Craig when it comes to kings.. (grin) That ought to get things stirred up!

This is my 2007 Memorial Day weekend king, that I DIDN'T have a derby ticket for. 47.9 lbs on the derby scale. It was white fleshed, and caught within sight of town.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I remember that pic.

You shoulda, woulda, coulda had a derby ticket.

If you have one you won't catch schitt, but don't have one, well you know.

Wasn't that back when you just had a Lund?

I should fit enuff to get the boat out this weekend. Haven't had a shake down cruise yet.

Send me a PM and I can get you some info on the Petersburg Area.

Default Petersburg

I fished Petersburg on Friday and Saturday. Tough sledding as far as the bite went. One guy was real happy! He landed a 59.8 pound White King! WOW that was a beautiful fish. I got a picture but I lost my data cable. Duh!

I am in Kecthafish until tomorrow and then I am off to Sitka through June 1st.

You guys have a great state.

Thanks, Mike Hyneman
    KoneZone.com
    503-348-9442