Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stolen boat

Default Stolen boat

A co-worker and a friend had his boat stolen on the 12th from his front yard. It is a 16' Klamath alaskan with a 35hp motor on it. The boat numbers are AK 2776 H. If you see this boat call apd at 786-8801 immediatly. This is a heartbreaker for him. He put about $5000 dollars into it. Noone around his neighborhood heard or saw nothing. PLEASE PLEASE watch for this boat. There is a $300 dollar reward. BUT lets not do this for the money, But for a fellow boater. Thanks Chris

Default case number

If needed here is the case number. 09-23188.

Man that SUCKS !!! Will be looking out for it.

Out of his own drive?............I will put a sticky note on my schedule and watch for it down here! http://nomaralaska.com/boatshop.htm I can change the look of any boat

I will look for it in Wasilla

Default pictures

It would be helpful for everyone if you were able to post a couple of detailed pictures for everyone to keep and eye out for it.

Man I hate a thief! Sorry to hear about this, and definitely get a couple pics of the boat up on this site. If you have issues posting them please send me a PM and I will either help you or post them for you. For the rest of the trusting boaters out there definitely invest in a sturdy trailer lock for your boat!! They can be gone in a flash!

Pretty Sad when this is done out of your own driveway. Pic would help us keep an eye out for it.

I believe this is the same boat and there are pictures in the post http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/1173400489.html

Default Klamath,

Man that is sad to hear. Hope the people involved get stuck hard for this. Really sorry to hear this. I dont know how I would react if this happened to me. Sure sad to hear. Hope the best on it returning in the condition it left in or better. Some people have no respect.

Default THeft

I hope they get caught and your boat is returned. Barring that if the scales of justice weigh true; maybe they'll fall out of the boat and drown.
    THAT would be poetic justice.
    Good Luck finding your boat. !!
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Default DMV can only help, if they are stupid enough to reregister the same AK#.

DMV will put a note in the system that it was stolen. The hull number is part of the registeration, but all someone has to do is give them a different number.
    It does not require any real proof to register a small boat.

Posting pic's of your boat may be the only help.
    If the old numbers have been on a long time the hull may show like new were the hull would have been under the old numbers.
    We can all keep an eye out for this.
    Recovery is not in your favor - sorry.

Man that is low stealing a boat.

Try watching ebay and craigslist for small items from the boat that sell quick if you have the s/n's. ie; motor, gps/sonar, or anything you can identify. I caught the magut that stole my stuff that way, he didn't get the whole boat, good luck!

Default I'll look out for it too

A couple of times each summer, someone tries to get into my yard and I assume the boat is the target because nothing else is there. We have a high fence and motion-detecting lights + other measures.
    I HATE thieves.

The wife and I are both on the lookout.....good luck.

Ed

Default Craigslist

The "stolen boat" on craigslist is the same boat. I just asked Lujon to post pics for me. Please keep your eye out for it. Thx

As requested:

Angry

i'll keep my eye out down here...
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

I doubt they'll come up this way but you never know, north pole will be watching.

Default Recovered twice!!!

This has worked for me TWICE and actually a third time I was lucky, but recovered my stuff a total of three times! Truck stolen from our drive in the middle of the night (key was left in the dash), street bike stolen from drive (broke ignition).

Drive a spiral from the scene of crime spanning out, looking like crazy, areas close by sometimes are as far as a thief gets before they change their mind or dump stuff. Then after that is covered hit the bad areas of town, obvious areas of town, and some not so obvious areas. DO THIS EVERYDAY!
    Use Google Earth when it is updated and you are taking a break from driving. THIS IS A SMALL TOWN, ITS SITTING IN IT SOMEWHERE, GO FIND IT!!!

One day to find the Motorcycle sitting in an alley, three days to find the truck parked on the side of the street with the key in it. Guys house it was parked in front of said it was dropped there the day it was stolen.

PERSISTANCES!!! IT'S A BOAT, WHERE COULD IT ACTUALLY BE PEOPLE!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast