Thread: Traditional Archers of Alaska Jay Massey Shoot

Default Traditional Archers of Alaska Jay Massey Shoot

Camp Out and Shoot!

May 22, Friday at 10:00 am - Set up targets.

May 23, Saturday at 9:00 am - Sign up for the shoot at it's on. Saturday evening is the Pig Roast!

May 24, Sunday - one final round of shooting, Pork and beans lunch, distribution of awards, and official meeting with election of new officers.

See TAA's website for more information, contacts, directions!

Default great idea

Sounds like a great time to be had. I won't be home until June for R&R so won't be able to make it down that way.
    Is this something you do every year?

Yup, every year. Will you be home for the 4th of July? We have the "Indepence Shoot" in Kenai coming up!

man alive, I finally have the chance and cant even draw my bow...got a jacked up shoulder ugg!!! !!!!

I know what you mean. I hurt my shoulder wrestling in college.... its going to make my shooting rough for a while. i have not been more than a few days without shooting my bow before.

Seems that something is always getting in the way of these shoots I want to attend.

One of these days the stars shall line up and I will be able to make it to an event.
    Just a bitter Alaskan clinging to his guns and religion.....

thankfully I feel better daily. Was worried I tore my rotator cuff, not such a good war wound for a bowhunter . Last friday I couldnt hardly lift my arm off my side, yesterday was thrown railroad ties today raked rocks all day. Still tender and trying to take it easy. Almost considered just spectating at the shoot so I could say I FINALLY went. I missed meeting Jay in person the year he passed...it was a mistake on my part! Next thing I knew he was in the hospital and gone. I was to young to see it then. I also missed meeting John Dodge before he passed, a west coast master arrowsmith! I will NEVER make this mistake again!!!!