Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 300Wby sets 1000yd record

A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Wonder of wonders...

I thought those Weatherby cartridges were inherently inaccurate?

And that Norma brass was soft and not near the quality of Lapua and some others...

Well, you all know on this forum how I have owned and shot a lot of different Weatherby cartridges and you have also seen my load development and targets. The Weatherby cartridges are accurate, they are great stuff when one gets to know them. My 300Wby has shot and I have posted on this forum a .098" group with a 180gr TSX at one hundred yards and also posted on this forum a group using that same load was 5/8" at 200yds.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

I do know that and I too am fond of Weatherby cartridges I was being facetious and throwing out some of the more popular Weatherby misconceptions out there lol.

Is that record for 30 calibers or all calibers?

Thats shooting, but I got a nice that could give him a run for his money with my 50BMG.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Is that record for 30 calibers or all calibers?

Thats shooting, but I got a nice that could give him a run for his money with my 50BMG.
    That is all cartridges at 1000yds, it is the world record smallest group at 1000yds.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Just think how well he woulda shot with a 300 RUM

Quote Originally Posted by beartooth View Post
    That is all cartridges at 1000yds, it is the world record smallest group at 1000yds.
    They must not allow VHPs like the 50BMG in or are not counting the FCSA records for some reason. Or they think we are living in another world.

Here is a link to FCSA 1000 yard records.
    http://www.fcsa.org/wwwroot/visitors/worldrecords.php

I need to check their rules and see if I can get the nice involved, kid is a shooter with a 50BMG. I could hit paper 10 for 10 . . . maybe.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
    Just think how well he woulda shot with a 300 RUM
    It wouldn't have happened nor will it with the 300Rum taking the 1000yd record. If it does I will say I was wrong an apologize for my comment.

The reason the 300Wby is such a good round for this has to do with the rounded shoulder. After fireforming and neck resizing they pretty much go back to center when chambered.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    They must not allow VHPs like the 50BMG in or are not counting the FCSA records for some reason. Or they think we are living in another world.

Here is a link to FCSA 1000 yard records.
    http://www.fcsa.org/wwwroot/visitors/worldrecords.php

I need to check their rules and see if I can get the nice involved, kid is a shooter with a 50BMG. I could hit paper 10 for 10 . . . maybe.

Well do it at 1000yds and let us see it, that would be cool.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Quote Originally Posted by beartooth View Post
    Well do it at 1000yds and let us see it, that would be cool.
    If I can get her from Arizona up to Alaska this summer I well sure do it. Last summer she took her old uncle to school with his own gun, she is just solid as rock and has no fear or the concoction or recoil at all at age 12!

The 50BMGs muzzle brake shock wave is a force to reckon with.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Unbridled Beast

Curiously enough,there's no mention of a Weatherby receiver,Weatherby barrel,Weatherby chamber specs,nor anything else pertaining to the chambering cited being Weatherby "flavored".

In a s/a receiver,capacious 30's can shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Unbridled Beast View Post
    Curiously enough,there's no mention of a Weatherby receiver,Weatherby barrel,Weatherby chamber specs,nor anything else pertaining to the chambering cited being Weatherby "flavored".

In a s/a receiver,capacious 30's can shine.
    Same barrel manufacture Krieger barrel that is on a Weahterby but the point is the cartridge. If some one had posted that the 300Win Mag had set a new 1000yds world record not one person would have said, "it is not a Winchester so Winchester didn't have much to do with it". No one would have devalued the effort of the 300Win mag if it was shot in a Remington or custom rifle, it would have been the fact that the 300Win Mag cartridge was used to set the world record.

So my point is simple, it is the 300Wby magnum that set the world record. It is the cartridge that set it and not whether it had been shot out of a Sako, Remington, Mark V, Vanguard or a custom rifle, it is the 300Wby mag cartridge. Roy Weahterby would have been proud of his cartridge just as I am pround and glad it was a 300Wby Mag Cartridge.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Unbridled Beast

Hmmmmmmmm...it'd be a glaring misnomer to mention Kreiger OEM tubes in the same breath as their cut rifled offerings,especially under the guise you mused. No need to cite that one is available on a Japanese built rifle that has ZERO bearing upon the result(s) cited,while the other enjoys a modicum of success upon numerous platforms.

Your affiliation with things "Weatherby",stop well shy of incorporating Ed's goods in the results cited and barely rate a footnote in actuality. Sure Formula One cars have 4 tires upon them,but that isn't a recipe for GM electric cars to flourish in like avenues.

As a footnote,Remington has far more accolades to it's credit,as being a World Record supplier of fantastic actions and oddly enough...it beats Weatherby at it's own game.

For conversation,Jim Cloward took 'Perry with the 30-8mmRemMag...many moons ago.

Hmmmmmmmm...it'd be a glaring misnomer to mention Kreiger OEM tubes in the same breath as their cut rifled offerings,especially under the guise you mused. No need to cite that one is available on a Japanese built rifle that has ZERO bearing upon the result(s) cited,while the other enjoys a modicum of success upon numerous platforms.

Your affiliation with things "Weatherby",stop well shy of incorporating Ed's goods in the results cited and barely rate a footnote in actuality. Sure Formula One cars have 4 tires upon them,but that isn't a recipe for GM electric cars to flourish in like avenues.

As a footnote,Remington has far more accolades to it's credit,as being a World Record supplier of fantastic actions and oddly enough...it beats Weatherby at it's own game.

For conversation,Jim Cloward took 'Perry with the 30-8mmRemMag...many moons ago.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... it is about the cartridge the 300Wby cartridge Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm... 300Wby cartridge not 300Win, not 300Rum this world record was done using a 300Wby cartridge Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm... I think that was my point Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm It could have been a Remington or the action he chose to use but the point is what ever the platform which there are quit a few he could have chosen for his bench rest shooting, it was the 300Wby Cartridge that was used in his platform to get the record.

By the way, note taken concerning the barrel and it was an overstatement on my part. My point was simple. You mention Weatherby anything and some people just want to loose it. Hmmmmmm... one more time, it was not a 300Win, 300Rum, 300WSM, 300H&H, 30-06 Springfield, 308Win, 308Norma it was a 300Wby cartridge that set the world record and it was an exceptional feat to say the least.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Unbridled Beast

It surely wasn't a SAAMI 300Wby reamer and that in conjunction with the Lawton and cut tube,much derides your attempt at thunder.

Though the humor isn't swayed.

It surely wasn't a SAAMI 300Wby reamer and that in conjunction with the Lawton and cut tube,much derides your attempt at thunder.

Though the humor isn't swayed.
    Let me help you out one more time just in case you missed what happened, it was a 300wby cartridge that set the world record. Now what ever else you want to say or continue to babble on about in detail concerning bench rest shooting, it does not change the fact that it was a 300Wby cartridge that set the world record. 300Wby Cartridge set the world record, now that really make me happy.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Unbridled Beast

Headstamps are largely meaningless,especially when contrived in something seperate from SAAMI.

Though the clueless typically rejoice in such folly.

Headstamps are largely meaningless,especially when contrived in something seperate from SAAMI.

Though the clueless typically rejoice in such folly.
    Now let's see, what is going in the record books. Oh!!!! WOW!!! 300Wby Mag. WOW!!!!! You mean something separate from SAAMI is not going to be mentioned??????? We know the platform is not an off the shelf chamber, reciever, barrel, stock, but one thing for sure it was a 300wby cartridge.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Unbridled Beast

It must be nice to get so giddy over a massaged H&H offering,especially one so ubiquitous as the 30 Roy.

One can only imagine the satisfactions you find in "loading" tap water into your Super Soaker.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast