Thread: Outboard jet tunnel design

Default Outboard jet tunnel design

Hi,

I would like to build and install a tunnel in my boat. I have been trying to find some dimensions as to what works the best. Some jet tunnels have sides that are vertical from the bottom of the boat to the top of the tunnel and others seem to be angled about 45 degrees. Is there a advantage of that angle? I live in Minnesota and outboard jet and tunnel boats are rare to see. If I could get some pictures and measurements of tunnels that work great I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks
    Tim

Unless you can cut and weld aluminum... an option would be to buy a new boat with a tunnel already in it. I've seen a few tunnel designs the one on my SeaArk is about 25% wider than the foot and about 3' long with 45 degree angles to it ending at 90 degree.

But what I was getting at delivered here to Juneau it was about $3,500 for a new SeaArk 1652MVJT so for you in MINN just get one ordered from the local dealer and have it for about $3,000 whole new boat. Around here it would cost about $1500 to get one put into a non-tunnel boat.

Sobie2

Default Try these

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ght=jet+tunnel

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ght=jet+tunnel

Just a couple of older posts.

River boat magazine has a forum also and may have more info for you.
    19' Lowe Roughneck
    90/65 Honda 4 stroke
    Outboard Jet

Rice MN Aye? Hello from Clearwater...Well, kinda. I'm in MO, but have a summer place on the Upper 'Sippi.

Anywayz...Jet tunnels can be a bit tricky. I'd suggest speaking with Tom Snyder (717-692-4294). He's built and installed dozens of OB Jet tunnels. If I'm not mistaken, he'll fab the tunnel and ship it to you.

Attached are a few pics I pulled of the net some time back. But they don't show much detail.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks you all for the information. It gives me a bit to go with. Any other ideas or information would also be appriciated.
    Thanks
    Tim

Honda, did you get my pm ????
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Ak Nimrod,

No I did not recieve your PM. I will try to send you a PM and see if it goes thru on my end. If it does not work, email me directly at honda400ex2@yahoo.com

Thanks
    Tim

Hows your project going. I'm thinking about adding a tunnel to my 16ft sprint.