Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We have done it.

Thumbs up We have done it.

Alaska has the Mokai with a Blue printed and balanced motor in it.

Want an upgrade? We know how to.

Default ???

Aren't all Honda engines balanced and blueprinted? Is there a horsepower increase?

We need more specifics man! Pictures, video links, and numbers. Have you had it dyno'd? Stock is 15mph - can you hit 20 or 25mph?

I would think that in addition to an improved motor, you'd need to get a new impeller CNC'd with a different pitch.

All Honda's are not B&B.

Stock the GC190 is 6 horse and 3600 rpm with max 10lb torque, then 7.3 @3000 rpm. Stock says 15 but that is with a 150 person in it.

The GX200 B&B is 13 horse about 5000 RPM with 13.4 lbs torque,

We will be testing and getting numbers in the next week need to finish install, mount tiny tack and choke.

This is electric start and from photos looks like we are getting about 15 mph with 275 lbs, still need to use GPS and figure out the true speed.

Shoot me an e-mail I will send you picture of Mokai with 275 lb running on a lake.

We are very happy with how this turned out and still working on even more power.

This is not a factory upgrade. It is the Alaskan nutritionally enriched mad men version.

The pump is designed to turn 6000 so don't need the CNC.
    Last edited by alaskamokaiman; 05-15-2009 at 19:03. Reason: add info

Default ???

Quote Originally Posted by alaskamokaiman View Post
    All Honda's are not B&B.

Stock the GC190 is 6 horse and 3600 rpm with max 10lb torque, then 7.3 @3000 rpm. Stock says 15 but that is with a 150 person in it.

The GX200 B&B is 13 horse about 5000 RPM with 13.4 lbs torque,

We will be testing and getting numbers in the next week need to finish install, mount tiny tack and choke.

This is electric start and from photos looks like we are getting about 15 mph with 275 lbs, still need to use GPS and figure out the true speed.

Shoot me an e-mail I will send you picture of Mokai with 275 lb running on a lake.

We are very happy with how this turned out and still working on even more power.

This is not a factory upgrade. It is the Alaskan nutritionally enriched mad men version.

The pump is designed to turn 6000 so don't need the CNC.
    Not sure what the significance of this is and the purpose of what you are posting, sorry but I guess I'm a little slow on things like this. Why not just post pictures for everyone to see?

Haven't figured out how to post pictures here, can send them in an e-mail.

follow this link www.photobucket.com follow the directions to set up an account (it is painless) once you have an account set up it is extremely easy to upload pics to it, there is seriously a link that says upload pics or something to that effect. It opens a window and you can select the pics on your PC then click upload. Once you upload them just click on it and nest to the pic will be a couple whit boxes with some giberish in them. copuy the one that starts and ends with [img] then paste it into the message box just like you were responding to a post. When you hit the reply button the picture will apear like magic! The whole thing will honestly take you less than 10 minutes! That is much better and will take less time than being inundated w/ emails and PM's!

Default patience is a virtue....

.......that I don't have!!! LOL

So, what's this upgrade gonna cost me in addition to my new Mokai?

How much more than the stocker does it weigh? How's the fuel economy?

Where's those pictures????

Default alaskamokaiman

Very interested in your new setup. At 7000' elevation I can only get 10-11mph in mine. I weigh 140lbs. Jetting hasn't helped. I definately would make this swap if you could help a fellow mokai maniac out.

PM sent keep in touch.

Talking p-tex

could i get one with your upgrade and a little p-tex on the bottom to help get over those pesky beaver ****s and other obstacles.

No need for p-tex it is roto mold polye.

Default Gx200

Mokaiman,

So, you are saying that you took a new Gx200 apart and had the crank/piston/rod assembly dynamically balanced? I can't imagine much improvement. Honda has these small engines dialed in. The go-cart guys that hot rod these things don't even need to "balance" them. The only practical mods commonly performed with the Gx200 is some tweaking of the carb and cam timing/profile. I'm sort of familiar with this little jewel of an engine. Did you buy a go-cart engine for this engine swap? Sounds like a fun project.

Yes it is a go kart B&B, different carb, different fly wheel , billet, valve springs, header and exhaust and it is electric start.

So lots of changes to the engine.

Had a little trouble with the choke but it is working would like to clean that up.

It has been fun now we need to do the testing, and build the other engines up.

You would enjoy much more credibility and possibly even sell a few if you took 20 minutes to follow Lujon's instructions regarding posting pictures on here. Emailing photos just isn't the same.

I don't understand how an e-mailed picture is not the same as posting them here. I don't take pictures of the animals I kill or the fish I catch they are memories for me.

That my credibility would be in question for not having pictures posted is saddening.

I did this for myself first and a friend second, I don't know if I want to do this for everyone there is lots of work and cash to lay out.

Yes the next ones would be easier as the problems are solved.

I will post pictures when I get the posting thing right it kicked me out the last two times I tried.

Cheers

It would kill the fuel consumption and noise, but if you want a real kart engine

None of this talk on HP means a lick unless you are turing more RPMs or have upgraded the Mokai jet pump impeller unit all in an effort to get more water moving through the pump.

Sobie2

That motor is revs 17,000 rpm, rated at 26 hp.

I would love to buy one of these boats but it seems like a hastle with shipping unless you deal with the one person in Alaska who can get them. I wouldnt need more power, I just want a boat. Anychance someone has a used one for sale? Sorry for the thread hijack, this just got me to thinking about the boat again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast