Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warne QD rings on a Ruger

Default Warne QD rings on a Ruger

Been thinking of switching over to these on my Ruger Alaskan 375. Scope will be a Leupold 2.5x8.

Anyone have Warne QD's on a big bore Ruger? How do you like them? How is there return to zero?
    Thanks in advance.
    Tennessee

I have a set on my Ruger #1 in 375 H&H and have had no issues with them at all. I take the scope off every time I wipe so far so good. They have been on there since May 2007.

So far they have worked a lot better than the Leupold dovetails on my buddies mod 700 that the store managed to strip the threads on while installing and took us a couple of range sessons to track down!

I believe AlaskaCub is running these rings on his Ruger Alaskan. Might want to ask him. I've been meaning to give them a try as well on my 375 Ruger.

Default I have Warne's on my

Savage .30-06 & they work well, I don't see how'd they not work on a Ruger...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    Been thinking of switching over to these on my Ruger Alaskan 375. Scope will be a Leupold 2.5x8.

Anyone have Warne QD's on a big bore Ruger? How do you like them? How is there return to zero?
    Thanks in advance.
    Snowwolfe - I just purchased a Ruger Alaskan in .375 Ruger caliber, should be here next week. I am planning on the Warne QD's as well with a 1.75x6 Leupold. From what I've read most are happy with how they attach. My main concern was how they would stand up to the heavy recoil on the .375. Again, most said they had no problems with a couple saying the attachment point seamed a little weak.

I have the regular Warne's on my current 30.06 and am very pleased with them - very strong and durable. I had Leupold dual dovetail mounts prior and had no problems but really like the appearance of the Warne's FWIW.
    NRA Life Member

Snowwolfe,

I am running these on my Ruger Hawkeye Alaskan and am very pleased with them. I have repeatedly taken the scope off and on shooting both with the irons and the scope and simply cant understand how they can hold a zero, but they do. I have fired over 60 rounds through this rifle with the Warnes and a 2.5-8x36 with no errors to remark upon.

Randy,

The problem you may run into with a left handed Ruger is that the rings can only be mounted on the right side of the gun and the back quick relase lever will hit the bolt release lever. I might be wrong, but you may want to check on this before you buy the rings.

I've got them on my .338 and they have held zero for about 3 rough yrs now. It seems to me the Ruger rings "get a better bite" than the Warne. I've also heard of guys using the Rugers a QD by just snugging them to the same point every time?

KK

Ordered a set from Brownells and they didnt fit! Have no idea what happened. But it looks like they will not fit the left handed rifles anyhow.
    Anyone have a set of these on a left hand Ruger Hawkeye?
    Tennessee

Snowwolfe - I was going to order these same rings for my new Hawkeye Alaskan, also from Brownells. Are you sure you got this item (assuming you got the matt finish) #947-000-056 1" Med Matte Rings for M77 & M77 Mk II, Super Redhawk as is listed off the Brownells web page?

I just looked on the Warne web page and they have the rings listed as product #1R7L for the mediums.

Not sure why they wouldn't fit a lefty version of this rifle....I'd think the ring cuts on top of the receiver would be milled the same. Only issue I can think of is the levers possibly interfering with the ejection port area?
    NRA Life Member

Default Warne QD

I have a set on a lefty. Fit OK, it seems as if the bolt gets awful close to the objective of the scope. I am not used to that as my other rifles are lefty A-Bolts and lever guns. Snowwolfe, PM me with a phone number if you would like to chat, I seem to lose my thoughts faster than I can type.

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bear View Post
    Snowwolfe - I was going to order these same rings for my new Hawkeye Alaskan, also from Brownells. Are you sure you got this item (assuming you got the matt finish) #947-000-056 1" Med Matte Rings for M77 & M77 Mk II, Super Redhawk as is listed off the Brownells web page?

I just looked on the Warne web page and they have the rings listed as product #1R7L for the mediums.

Not sure why they wouldn't fit a lefty version of this rifle....I'd think the ring cuts on top of the receiver would be milled the same. Only issue I can think of is the levers possibly interfering with the ejection port area?
    Thats the same part number I ordered and returned but I didnt pay attention to the part number on the plastic before I returned them. The rings were not the correct size to even fit in the Ruger built in mounts. If they did, the bolt release stop would prevent the rear lever from turning anyhow.
    Am thinking Brownells might of sent me the wrong rings. But I since mounted a silver scope on it so will keep the stock Ruger stainless rings now now.
    Tennessee

Can anyone show me a pic of how the levers interfere with the bolt release on a lefty? For some reason I can not picture this. Also they make the rings in stainless. And the levers can be indexed to start and stop in a different location than they come.

If you can picture the rear of the action on a left hand Hawkeye look at the bolt release. It sticks out far enough it may prevent the levers from turning. I can not say for sure this would happen since the rings sent to me would not mount anyhow. But if other lefties have done it then I guess it can work.
    Tennessee

I also am having a hard time understanding the problems with em interfering with the bolt. Heres a pic of em on a 338WM Mark II, and they fit right on the Hawkeye too.

Randy,

I tried it as well and ran into the same problem. With the Ruger mounting system, you don't have the option of which side you want the levers on.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaCub View Post
    I also am having a hard time understanding the problems with em interfering with the bolt. Heres a pic of em on a 338WM Mark II, and they fit right on the Hawkeye too.

On the left hand version, it appears the BOLT release stops the levers from being able to turn. Picture if you will the levers on the other side of your action. The front works ok, the rear will most likely hit the bolt release. Can't say for sure since I was sent the incorrect rings in the first place.
    Tennessee

Roger that!

If the levers hit the bolt release all you have to is pull the lever out away from the gun and rachet the lever over and get another half turn. They are built so that all the lever is is basically a little socket wrench to turn a nut which loosens or tightens the clamp. If anyone is interested I have a set of Warne steel QR ruger 30mm low rings I would probably part with they are NIB and would work great to mount a Leupold European 30 on somebodys new Alaskan. O and as far as recoil and the rings taking it the Warnes are what we put on about 95% of the big bore leverguns at work and they even work great on the big 50 Alaskans so stength insnt a big concern.

How much for the rings? Would they fit on a M77 African? Are they blued or stainless?

Brett

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast