Thread: Whittier blackies

Default Whittier blackies

Just some info for any black bear hunters thinking about whittier. I had some family from out of town doing a glacier cruise yesterday and while they watched the ice I was looking for bears with my spotting scope, managed to see 3 black bears, 1 with a cub. Still alot of snow out there. All animals were seen way up high on the mountains nothing in any of the beach areas that I spotted. Of course we were not in any particular area for a long time but I thought I would just put this out there. Good luck.

i'll second that, there is still a LOT of snow out there, all the way down to the water in many places. we did see someone with a bear on their boat, waiting to get through the tunnel.

Default Prince william sound

There is always a lot of snow this time of year. Doesn't mean you can not get a bear.

I seen 3 blackies last weekend while flying over PWS. all were on the beach, 2 were eating grass and 1 was taking a nap all in different locations.

Default Lots of Bear

A gentleman was intending to spend 2 days in Whittier hoping to get bears, only had to spend one night got the bears for everyone on his vessel. He was one happy man. They are out there awake and some are on the beaches. HAPPY HUNTING