Thread: Mountain boot problem

Default Mountain boot problem

OK. I have followed the earlier threads on boots; in the past I had a pair of Asolo composition boots which worked well for me, but now I am in need of a new pair. Yesterday I went to Barney's and found that neither the Lowa or Scarpa composition or any of the traditional boots which they carry are any where close to being wide enough for my foot. What do I do? I need about a 91/2 EEE (or wider). I will be sheep hunting, possibly goat hunting and deer hunting on the steep hills.

Default Stretch em.

I had a buddy in the same predicament as you. He took his boots down to AMH and they stretched them in all the right places. They fit perfectly now.

Quote Originally Posted by driveacub View Post
    OK. I have followed the earlier threads on boots; in the past I had a pair of Asolo composition boots which worked well for me, but now I am in need of a new pair. Yesterday I went to Barney's and found that neither the Lowa or Scarpa composition or any of the traditional boots which they carry are any where close to being wide enough for my foot. What do I do? I need about a 91/2 EEE (or wider). I will be sheep hunting, possibly goat hunting and deer hunting on the steep hills.
    AMH is an option for sure. You might try the Kennetrek's they are a little softer which may be just what you need. I want something stiffer myself but I will admit I have never gotten a blister in my Kennetreks and they do better than most boots in the mountains.