Thread: montana 1999,375 HH, SS order placed

Default montana 1999,375 HH, SS order placed

Wondering what to expect from M1999,375HH, 6 flutes in 25"long barreled action from this people when the steel work gonna be done, cause the 1/2 off $1394 it's already paid for they to start the job.....loocking to order the accurate innovations laminate stock<<ghost color>> for it and this guys said that their stock gonna fit well the montana action...
    So, need to know if any of you had experienced any good and/or bad bussiness deals with both of these 2 companies tnx

Currently own three rifles built on Montana 1999 actions but only one using there barrels (458 Lott). Never played with the Lott on the bench so I can not comment about how accurate it may be.

So far no problems to report other than one was fitted with an incorrect bolt stop and that was fixed pretty fast under warranty.

Never bought an Accurate Innovation stock, all of ours are stocked with McMillans and the fit has been perfect.

Are you saying you received half off the price of $1394? Was there a price increase not listed on there web site? There web site shows the price of a new stainless barreled action at $997 plus $125 for the fluting. But were you able to order it for 50% off $1394? If you did, thats a great price. May I ask who you ordered it through?
    Reguardless, all of ours feed and function perfectly and we been very pleased overall. The only complaint I have is the actions are slightly heavy but this is not a concern on the larger calibers.
    Tennessee

Montana built me a 280 rem 4 years ago to include barrel and I have been more than pleased with it. I can shoot sub moa all day with it and it has been responsible for a mountain of game. I have since come to know owner Jeff Sipe very well and I know he will stand behind everything they manufacture. I am not familiar with Accurate innovations, I used McMillan for the rifle above.

If I had the cash available right now I would certainly have another rifle or 2 on order.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    Currently own three rifles built on Montana 1999 actions but only one using there barrels (458 Lott). Never played with the Lott on the bench so I can not comment about how accurate it may be.

So far no problems to report other than one was fitted with an incorrect bolt stop and that was fixed pretty fast under warranty.

Never bought an Accurate Innovation stock, all of ours are stocked with McMillans and the fit has been perfect.

Are you saying you received half off the price of $1394? Was there a price increase not listed on there web site? There web site shows the price of a new stainless barreled action at $997 plus $125 for the fluting. But were you able to order it for 50% off $1394? If you did, thats a great price. May I ask who you ordered it through?
    Reguardless, all of ours feed and function perfectly and we been very pleased overall. The only complaint I have is the actions are slightly heavy but this is not a concern on the larger calibers.
    SNOWWOLFE the price right now for SS 375 hh long action is $759 plus250 for #5 hvy barrel plus 125 for flutes and 200for barrel instalation ..$25 for finished barrel and $35 for shipping and no tax as per MT state.....1/2 of full price is what i paid for they to start the job..

Have you considered just ordering a barreled action with optional flutes on the barrel? This could save you some money. And I stand corrected the price of the stainless barreled action is now $1,092. But add the fluting charge of $125 and it is still under what you mentioned piecing it together. I know from past experience they will instead a heavier barrel for no additional charge.

One other suggestion, I would recommend the #4 contour instead of the #5. By the time you scope a #5 I would guess you are looking at a rifle that weighs over 10 pounds loaded.

Either way, I am sure you will like the rifle. MRC's web site reports these will hold three in the magazine but the 375H&H I once held would hold 4 down. Nice plus to boot.

Also, order your stock now as well. Not sure of Accurate Innovations lead times but it takes about 4-5 months to get a McMillan.
    Tennessee

I have 1999 barreled action from them in .25-06 with an HS percission stock. It shoots outstandingly well! I've shot .27" 3 shot groups with hand loads at 100 yards. It shoots really well. I'm actually in the process of selling it at Great Northern Guns, but that's my fault not the gun's. When I had it built I was living in Ohio and rather a newbie to rifles. I had it chambered for .25-06 which is a great caliber for back east or even some game out west, but not so great up here. Also in my youth and infinite wisdom I had it built with a heavy contour 26" barrel. I ended up with a tack driver, but its in .25-06 and weighs way more than any .25-06 has any right weighing. If it were chambered in a different round and weighed less I'd never get rid of it. They're great rifles and I think you'll be pleased.

Brett

Default montana 1999

yes snowwolfe there is price now but we have to add $200 for barrel instalation as per statement ..$25 for finish an 25 for shipping total gets to $1394... I thought better to go with #5 barrel because i'd wanted to have the flutes on it to ....... Realy need some info for bases and rings as per their web i'm supossed to install same mounts as winchester 70 do, but just checked midwayusa web and there are 4 different models of w70 http://www.midwayusa.com/browse/Brow...ing=657***8705***...

i.d like to have warne bases and rings but not sure if to go fixed or QUICK D on 375hh wich ones u guys would do
    Glad that there are more people happy with montana rifles
    tnx

It's been quite a few years so I don't remember all the details at this point, but I do remember it was a little bit of a pain finding mounts. I ended up either just calling a bunch of stores until I found it or having a store order it in. I think I have Leupold or weaver rings and bases. Who ever it was they made a base that fit specificly for the 1999 and posibly some model 70s.

Brett

Default Got one on it's way...

Standard carbon steel full size action I picked up a few years back in a trade for a Remington 03A3. Had 'em put one of their 26" #3 contour 1-10 twist .30-06 barrels on, bead blast and blue finish. Might have it Parkerized later...
    Haven't looked for a "made for it" stock yet, before I sent it off, I inlet the action and bottom metal into a pre-64 Model 70 stock with 'Monte Carlo' hump.
    More to follow after I get it in my hands. Called two weeks ago (at that point, they'd had it for a month and a half) and it was waiting for blue. At that point, mine was the only gun ready for the tanks, and I understand the logic of waiting to do a batch to not waste chemicals....Lookin' forward to breaking it in with some of my " old reliable" '06 loads and seeing what she'll do.
    Oh, as to cost so far...Initial cost of the action, well, I figure I had $250.00 in the A3, and it was a straight across trade. Cost with shipping both ways for the barrel, truing the action, fitting the barrel, and finishing debited my account for $600 plus or minus a few, my memory ain't what it used to be.
    Last edited by Darreld Walton; 05-16-2009 at 10:11. Reason: .

Any scope mounts that fit the Win 70 with .860 rear hole spacing should work. And this mount is very common and easy to find.
    Tennessee