Thread: Bear Down

Default Bear Down

Squared 7' 8"
    Attached Images Attached Images

good times today!!! what a rush!!!
    good job honey...love you

assuming that you are tired today can we expect the rest of the story in the morning? Congrats on the brown fuzzy! That makes for a unique trophy pic as well, I can't say I have ever seen that particular pose/camera angle combo!

Did you shoot that in the valley or somewhere else?
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Default Woo-Hoo!

Congrats to you, AK6Pack!

Yes - please do 'spill the details' - so that some of us can live vicariously - through you!

Doc

DOC, your new found emoticon collection is too funny! It seems you have found one for situation!

Default They Are Darn Addicting!!

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    DOC, your new found emoticon collection is too funny! It seems you have found one for situation!
    Funny, LuJon -

I couldn't find a dang bear! But thanks.

I had a good 'teacher' . . . and they do seem to brighten people's day, uh, sometimes!

Kind of like telling jokes in the ER while examining someone... Well, you know! Just 'lightens things up' a bit!

~Sick Doc (who's trying to 'heal thyself').. ..dang!

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    assuming that you are tired today can we expect the rest of the story in the morning? Congrats on the brown fuzzy! That makes for a unique trophy pic as well, I can't say I have ever seen that particular pose/camera angle combo!
    When I got up this morning it was to beartiful to pass up a boat trip down the river. The water is high enough that you have the opportunity to take a lot of channels that you usually cannot take. My wife, our 5 year old and 3 year old, and myself of course rounded a corner and off in the distance I spotted the Brown Fuzzy. We parked the boat and I made my way along through the brush until I was about 250 yards from the bear who was still digging around on a sand bar. He winded me (or spotted) and took off into the trees. I thought for sure he was gone, but when I went into the bush after him (probably not the smartest thing to do) I saw him on the other side in a clearing. I got into position and BLAM--O with the 30-378 Weatherby and down he went.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AK6Pack; 05-13-2009 at 23:24. Reason: New Picture

well I guess dancing fruit makes every thing better... Now where the heck is the rest of this bear story, so we can stop hijacking...

Was it on the Big SU nice bear

nice bear congrats
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER