Thread: Sitka Update!

Default Sitka Update!

Hey guys, all the new Sitka gear is updated on the sitka website. Get your wallets out!

I just checked it out, man that new opti-fade is cool stuff. I want to get the Celcius with those Accent pants,just wish the $$$$$ tag would drop a bit.

For a company that invented the "90%" jacket apparently they decided they need an entirely different jacket to cover each of the remaining 10 percentage points! They now have an 8 jacket and 4 vest lineup!

Their new site is kind of lame though. You select coats and they have them separated into 6 categories... I mean really do you need 6 categories to display 8 coats? Oh one of the categories is "all coats" they could have saved some web design money and just made it to where you clicked on "coats" and walla all of the coats were displayed...

Interesting I sent my shredded gear back a while ago and just got it all bac recently. They sent me a new 07 style 90% jacket which I am sure will have the same issues as the last one. The GOOD news is that they replaced my 07 Mountain Pants with the 08 Ascent pants. So there is a new product in the stable at home for me to test before passing my final judgment on Sitka. Sadly it looks like it wont be until August 2010!!

You'll need more than a credit card, perhaps a small second mortgage on the house, priiiiiiiicy.

Wink

WORTH EVEERY PENNY, I love the stuff, ascent pants the most probaly, cant get over how comfy

Default Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by doogiehauz View Post
    WORTH EVEERY PENNY, I love the stuff, ascent pants the most probaly, cant get over how comfy

I have the complete 90% set- wore it for two months in the field in Alaska last year (early fall) and through the winter down here in Alabama- LOVE IT! (and I agree, you do pay a premium for the quality)

Semper Fi

I bought the 90% coat for a black bear hunt this spring. Excellent construction, design, and quality...really top-notch IMO. However, it was no 90% coat for me. I found it to be either too hot (that's no problem), or too cold (big problem). Even with a heavy fleece layer and UA base layer that coat didn't cut-it, and we weren't still hunting.

It was an 8 day canoe hunt with lots of day long paddling, portaging and dragging the canoe from a base camp on the river each day. The wx was excellent and uncharacteristicly clear and sunny/warm during the day, then clear and cold at night. It would drop more than thirty degrees each day to at or below freezing by 10pm with hunting light until 2am...waking up in the morning to hard freezes.

The coat might be a good-luck charm...we saw over two dozen bears and took two.

Semper Fi back at you sir.

Doc