Thread: Montana Creek

Default Montana Creek

Hello,

I was thinking of heading up to Montana Creek next weekend and was wondering if anyone had fished it yet this spring? How was the action? It will be my first time fishing there. Is there anything I should know before I head out? Thanks.

I sent you a PM. Check your in box

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog-11 View Post
    I sent you a PM. Check your in box
    But we all wanted to know the answer to that question!

Yes the creek has been fished, the usual flies for this time of year work. We all have to pay our dues. I'm not trying to be cynical, but I'm sure there is a wealth of info if a person were to search the forum, or better yet just go fish it, then decide what kind of report you owe the board.

I may be there this weekend, or probably next, I'll report back on the action.

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    I may be there this weekend, or probably next, I'll report back on the action.
    Ditto here...
    America...land of the free, home of the brave and infiltrated by the blind & naive.

Psalms 109:8

Quote Originally Posted by Trouthead View Post
    Yes the creek has been fished, the usual flies for this time of year work. We all have to pay our dues. I'm not trying to be cynical, but I'm sure there is a wealth of info if a person were to search the forum, or better yet just go fish it, then decide what kind of report you owe the board.
    What exactly is the purpose of this board if you are not willing to share information, ideas and stories? Is there a secret handshake that I need to learn? How many posts qualify me for good information? As far as 'paying my dues,' that's the dumbest thing I've read on this forum.

Hiked to the mouth of Montana w/ the wife 15 May around 4PM and stayed until around 7PM. The wife got a hit and saw a couple surface but that was about it. Ran across a guy who was just leaving the mouth as we were about to trek down to it and stated he brought in a few; using micro-flesh & black bunny leaches. Nice day to be out...
    America...land of the free, home of the brave and infiltrated by the blind & naive.

Psalms 109:8

Thanks for the report Tex. Pm sent flyfisher
    Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

I decided to fish Willow creek today instead of Montana. I started from the camp ground and work about a mile upstream. The water was clear and low. I had a lot of luck drifting bead head wooly bugggers in green, purple and black. I fished them off the bottom and lost a lot of flies on downed trees and stumps. But it was worth it for the four bows I caught. None of them were any bigger then 14 inches but their colors were awesome. I had a few other hook-ups but didn't land them. All in all a great day.

Default Wow...just wow

Quote Originally Posted by Trouthead View Post
    Don't be ####head, Trouthead. The only "dues" (if you will) pay on this site is giving helpful info back as well as receiving it when you ask. Nobody owes you or anybody anything for using this website. We are privledged to have it, and I know I have learned quite a bit and hopefully offered at least something back. Sorry, I found your post to be kind of rude, especially for a newb with only 30 posts. Be nicer next time, remember, you might be asking a question next time!