Thread: New Tohatsu 9.8

Default New Tohatsu 9.8

So....would've like to have bought a new suzuki 9.9 but sometimes those used "gems" show up and you can't pass it up. This Tohatsu weighs about 80lbs. and is about 20lbs. heavier than the Suzuki. It's a 2006 model and appears to be identical to the 09 outboard. Changed the oil, plugs, gear oil, and fuel filter today. I put it in a barrel of water and had to make a minor adjustment to the idle screw, once adjusted it idled like a swiss watch. Very quiet motor!
    Last edited by mainer_in_ak; 01-08-2010 at 17:04.

Thumbs up a beaut!

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    So....would've like to have bought a new suzuki 9.9 but sometimes those used "gems" show up and you can't pass it up. This Tohatsu weighs about 80lbs. and is about 20lbs. heavier than the Suzuki. It's a 2006 model and appears to be identical to the 09 outboard. Changed the oil, plugs, gear oil, and fuel filter today. I put it in a barrel of water and had to make a minor adjustment to the idle screw, once adjusted it idled like a swiss watch. Very quiet motor!
    Looks just like my Tohatsu 15. You'll like that motor I think - I like mine a lot. Last year while motoring upcreek I came up on a guy working on his cabin's dock about 7am. I knew he didn't see/hear me but it didn't seem right to hail him - I was hunting - and he just about jumped out of his socks when he first heard me at only about 30 yards.