Thread: Cook Inlet Archer's 3D Shoot - May 17th

Thumbs up Cook Inlet Archer's 3D Shoot - May 17th

The last shoot of the season! Registration is at 9:00am, shoot starts at 10:00. $25 for non-members, $20 for members, youths $15 and cubs - Free! Includes a awesome lunch and all the mosquitos you can swat!

Seriously, good times! See ya'll out there!

Come support your local archery club!

Contact me or the Cook Inlet Archers for more information (www.cookinletarchers.com)

Talk about bad timing The State 3D is supposed to be at the college this weekend also . There definately needs to be better communication in this state.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Talk about bad timing The State 3D is supposed to be at the college this weekend also .
    Argree. I (we) are going to the CIA Shoot - 1) It's been on the calendar a lot longer, 2) it's their last shoot of the year, 3) called the "Lost Arrow Shoot" and I hope to recover a "few" 4) great lunch, 5) mellow, 6) and I never really keep score(s) away ... just a fun day!

For going to the college - good luck! For those going to CIA - see you there!

p.s. If you can't make the shoot, although it is the "last" one of the season - the course will be open all summer for members. Get ahold of CIA (or me) for more information.

Default few alternatives

Doug,

This was not purely an oversight, but more a matter of little choice.

The Spring Bear shoot is last weekend of April. The first weekend of May is Redding, and 25 archers from Alaska went to that this year. The second weekend in May is Mother's Day. Two years ago we scheduled the State 3D shoot on that weekend and many people commented that they couldn't make it because of Mother's Day. The fourth weekend in May is Memorial Day weekend, which wouldn't work for most people! The third weekend was really the only option, although it certainly is less than ideal. It was discussed at the November meeting, where we set the calendar, but in the end that was what was voted as the best option. I've already apologized and explained this to the Cook Inlet folks. They don't like it any more than I do, but they didn't have any better suggestions either.

We'll discuss it in more depth at the summer meeting (at the Independence shoot in Soldotna), but the Crinklaws mentioned to me that they would like to consider moving the Spring Bear Shoot into June, in hopes of getting some pros to come up and shoot it. (Nothing like the chance to see summer in Alaska and maybe catch a king salmon on the same trip to make it more appealing!) I really like this option. I've always thought we need a big shoot in June, and as an added bonus it would mean that the date of the State 3D shoot wouldn't always be a determined by the "least of the evils" scenario.

As a final note, although in this case it was not a lack of communication, I do agree with you. I'd like to see a lot more communication and cooperation between clubs. Paul and I have already talked about maybe ALL the clubs getting together to put on a big Archery Festival. Wouldn't it be cool to have classes, demostrations, vendors booths, clinics, and a weekend of shooting? If ASAA, ABA, Fish and Game, CIA, Black Sheep and Northwest Archers all pooled their time, membership, and resources for one weekend a year (June???), I think it could be huge!

Quote Originally Posted by AKArcherdaddy View Post
    As a final note, although in this case it was not a lack of communication, I do agree with you. I'd like to see a lot more communication and cooperation between clubs. Paul and I have already talked about maybe ALL the clubs getting together to put on a big Archery Festival. Wouldn't it be cool to have classes, demostrations, vendors booths, clinics, and a weekend of shooting? If ASAA, ABA, Fish and Game, CIA, Black Sheep and Northwest Archers all pooled their time, membership, and resources for one weekend a year (June???), I think it could be huge!
    Great idea!
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Cool enough. I hope you guys have more luck with the summer shoots than we have had in the past. It's amazing how few people show up for State field and FITA in the summer. Not being able to work out a plan to combine the state 3D and CIA's shoots doesn't bode well for future cooperation.

I think I was a little harsh in that previous post. I did some time as the ASAA newsletter guy a few years back. Volunteering to run any club is a thankless task and I appologize if I offended anyone.

Absolutely no offense taken here; and I pretty darn sure no one else did either. Hey, we got some great orgs here we just need to start a little deconfliction and seeing where we are duplicating effort ... it's easy to get off track but we're all running along the same line - Archery in Alaska! Trying to pack it all in, plus outside events, in a short period of time. You know the schedule: Shoots, Bear Hunting, Fish, Hunting Season, Winter ... Shoots, Bear Hunting Season, Fish .... there's bound to overlaps.

Default this sucks

sucks its this weekend.....not going to see any Air Force guys there. we get to play war games... I wanted to go but working 12's and getting to a shoot just dose not work out. have fun!! good luck to everyone!! Anyone who has not done this shoot.....go to it its a good time, nice people, and its archery..need I say more??

Not going to make this one at all .Haven,t been able to get a hold of the people I went with last year.And with the Archery range down here re opening this year .No way ,Next year .I hope, Maybe
    Hoyt Katera XL toughest Bow Going